Author Topic: Coyotes  (Read 797 times)

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
Coyotes
« on: March 06, 2008, 02:50:49 PM »
Hey all,
How many yotes  Have y'all Killed this winter?  I've been out three times and called  three in.  Two came in on the first set and one on the last set. No shots that is the sucky part. Haven't had a lot of time to get out this year. Planning on going Sunday though.
How are you all doing this winter??
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Coyotes
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:22:25 PM »
Haven't seen but one, and couldn't shoot it.... stupid thing was sitting in the front field of the prison down near Lebanon, Oh.!!

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 10:38:08 AM »
Not doing well at all. Gene and I got 4 last fall, but can`t hit them since the first of the year. I missed 2 last week.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 01:27:10 PM »
Hell, I only seen one this year!  Oh wait... I don't live in Ohio!  But I was driving through heading to Sharon, PA last weekend and saw the one walking through a field along I-71 north of Columbus.  Can y'all hunt with rifle-guns up there?
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 04:25:40 PM »

Hell, I only seen one this year!  Oh wait... I don't live in Ohio!  But I was driving through heading to Sharon, PA last weekend and saw the one walking through a field along I-71 north of Columbus.  Can y'all hunt with rifle-guns up there?

You can hunt every thing but deer with a rifle In our great state.  Well unless your a farmer with Kill Permits .
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 05:19:10 PM »
Haven't had any time to get out after them this winter! Hope to try this month though if the weather ever cooperates.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline Grumulkin

• Trade Count: (33)
    • http://www.orchardphoto.com
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 02:11:44 PM »
I've had pretty bad luck in getting a coyote.  A couple of years ago I took 2 shots at one with a 223 at about 200 yards.  It turned out, the Tasco scope had readjusted itself and was shooting high.  That is the last Tasco scope I will every buy though I still have 3 Tasco scopes that have given me no problems.

Then last summer, I was mowing after dark and one came out of the cornfield and ran around in front of the tractor.  I had no weapon.  I'll wear a handgun from now on when I mow.

I have tried a predator call but called in nothing.  Perhaps this is because things are pretty open where I live and unless they happen to be passing through, coyotes are probably holed up in more brushy areas.  I've also put baits out and did see tracks around them but thus far haven't had the time/inclination to stay up all night to get one.