Author Topic: Price for used Tracker II  (Read 440 times)

Offline Ken K

• Trade Count: (0)
Price for used Tracker II
« on: March 09, 2008, 03:55:54 AM »
Could someone give me a ballpark price for a used Tracker II in good condition?   A friend of mine has one and wants to sell it, but doesn't know what to ask for a price.   It was an inheritance gun.   It also has two barrels, one rifled for slugs, the other a field barrel.   Thanks in advance, Ken

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: Price for used Tracker II
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 04:05:23 AM »
If it's in good shape I'd offer him $125.00, maybe a little more. the hole set up  brand new could be put together for less than $200.00. If he wants confirmation of the value or new cost have him look at what these are selling for on www.gunbroker.com  Try waiving a $100.00 bill around I wouldn't be surprised if he took it. If he inherited it from a loved one I'd advise him to keep it. I've never heard anyone say "I sure am glad I sold gram pa's old gun".If he just needs the $ buy it from him and give it back later.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Price for used Tracker II
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 05:54:01 AM »
I passed on a nice 12 guage Tracker II for $75 because I have one and don't shoot it much because of the exorbitant cost of sabots, for some reason I have an aversion to the ammunition companies charging that much money, $15 to $18 and now sometimes more for slugs that cost them not much, if anything more, to make than foster style slugs. I am however trying to get in loading sabots so I may start to shoot my rifles barreled shotguns more. In retrospect I should have bought that gun. I agree with the figure of around $125 and would add that $150 would be at the very top end of the price, IF someone really wanted it....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley