Author Topic: DEFENSE LOADS  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Chris

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
DEFENSE LOADS
« on: December 14, 2002, 03:38:53 PM »
:?
Need a little help guys.

I keep a 9mm at the ready for home defense...loaded with Hydra-Shoks.  A little worried about what might be on the other side of the wall, IF ever challenged.

Has anyone any ideas about the use of the Glaser Safety ammo and/or 9mm shotshells?

You thoughts please.  Thanks!

...Chris
"An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike!" Spiro Agnew

Offline KING

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
DEFENSE LOADS
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2002, 05:10:35 PM »
:D You will be ok.  But im assuming that you are living in a house,not an apartment.  Shotshells outta a 9mm.,im sure someone makes em someplace,are not to be used for anything except reptiles,and im talking about the snake type,not the two legged type.
THE ONLY FEMALE THAT I TRUST IS A LABRADOR.......AND SHE DONT SNOORE,AND DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT MY COOKING...THE ONLY GODS THAT EXIST ARE THOSE THAT HAVE ONE IN THE CHAMBER,AND 19 IN THE MAG.......

Offline DEPUTY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
DEFENSE LOADS
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 04:43:24 AM »
if looking for a true non overpenetraing load like those with good stopping power! try rbcd ammo. or magsafe ! i stopped a 275 hog with a sig 226 loaded with http://www.rbcd.net/ there 9mm is 60 rain at 2010 with 540 fpe

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Defense loads
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2002, 05:38:48 AM »
Chris - you should be fine with the Hydra-shoks.  You could also use the Magsafes or the Glasser Safety Slugs with similar confidence.  I do not believe any of the 3 loads listed overpenetrate to the point where your concerns would be realized.

Hope this helps.  Mikey.