Author Topic: Optima question about swaping barrels...  (Read 1865 times)

Offline BL Drake

• Trade Count: (0)
Optima question about swaping barrels...
« on: August 27, 2008, 07:21:33 PM »
Been looking for a ML for some time and have narrowed my choices to an Optima or Kodiak.  I have a question reference the Optima.  Can you swap barrels on the optima, and optima pro or the elite only?  I noticed that in one of the CVA videos they were shooting an optima pro and took the ML barrel off and replaced it with a shotgun barrel.  Can you do the same to a center fire barrel on the optima pro, or optima? 

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Optima question about swaping barrels...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 08:31:27 PM »
The Optima Elite is the only CVA firearm that can accept centerfire barrels, shotgun or rifle, while they may look similar, it utilizes an entirely different frame than the optima muzzleloaders.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 06:47:48 AM »
Been looking for a ML for some time and have narrowed my choices to an Optima or Kodiak.  I have a question reference the Optima.  Can you swap barrels on the optima, and optima pro or the elite only?  I noticed that in one of the CVA videos they were shooting an optima pro and took the ML barrel off and replaced it with a shotgun barrel.  Can you do the same to a center fire barrel on the optima pro, or optima? 

With the Optima and optima pro, you can change out from a 45cal barrel to a 50 and then to a black powder 12g shotgun barrel.

Only the Optima Elite can change out and use the centerfire barrel

www.budsgunshop.com   has a blue/black thumb hole Elite for $326 shipped!!  If i could sell my darn omega i'd have it by now!

Offline BL Drake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 07:29:20 PM »
Thanks for the info.