Author Topic: 20ga. USHD and Burris sig. Zee rings  (Read 372 times)

Offline Ken K

• Trade Count: (0)
20ga. USHD and Burris sig. Zee rings
« on: March 14, 2008, 04:16:49 PM »
I have a 20ga. USHD with the H&R scope base already mounted.   I am looking at the Burris signature Zee 1" rings for my scope(Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35).   Was wondering if anyone can tell me-will medium rings be adequate for scope clearance?   Also, any feedback on these rings would be appreciated.   My wife has a Tracker II that we will be getting drilled and tapped, would the H&R scope base also be the best choice for that gun?   Her scope will be a Vortex Diamondback 1.75-5x32.   I would assume same size scope rings?   Thanks for any help in advance, Ken

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: 20ga. USHD and Burris sig. Zee rings
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 05:01:14 PM »
Looking at that scope, I'd say highs are gonna be needed for the large power ring unless you trim the hammer a bit. You may be able to position the scope so the hammer is between the power ring and ocular bell or just ahead of the power ring and get away with mediums, IF the scope is long enough. There are several scope bases available that will work, the H&R is the most popular, see all of them in the FAQs and Help sticky.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Ken K

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 20ga. USHD and Burris sig. Zee rings
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 05:31:50 PM »
Thanks for the quick response, Tim.   Hopefully I can find someone local who carries them so I can try both.   Ken