Author Topic: Looks like i'll be moving -- up date  (Read 2411 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
Looks like i'll be moving -- up date
« on: January 30, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »
Looks like my wife is going to be transferred to the Mobile Al area for her job , don't know how this fat boy from the north is going to cope with all the heat of the gulf south , for her this may be one of those once in a lifetime things were she will be in charge of the whole state as far as her company goes .

I have left Ohio 3 times over the years but always come HOME , we will just have to see how this shakes out , all but one of the kids are grown so that leaves mama , our 5 year old and myself to adapt to this . not sure if i like the idea but if she goes I'll tag along .  ;)

I'll keep you posted .  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Re: Looks like i'll be moving
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:10:35 PM »
Stimpy those are tough decisions in lots of ways, I wish you the best!  there is good and bad to that warm weather, different type of hunting for sure, maybe some different game that we don't have, definitely shooting practise year round!

good luck,

Joe

ps. what about hunting hogs?
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 02:26:22 PM »
One thing about NW Ohio... no big spiders or poisonous snakes
I can tolerate rednecks in small quantities but living in the middle of it... WOW

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 02:30:17 PM »
What about YOUR job??

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »
Good luck with the move, I would rather deal with rednecks than a lot of people I've met living in the Chicago area. It might take a while for them to accept a yankee in their midst but when they do I'm sure you'll have some pretty decent neighbors.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 08:20:03 AM »
Stimpy, stop by my table's this weekend at the show and say hi. Just getting ready to leave for Lima. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 04:07:06 PM »
Hate to see you leave the area, especially without getting to at least meet you. I see Gypsyman every mo. at Lima, but never ran into you, anyway best of luck on your move, and come back and see us.

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 04:59:27 PM »
You're moving into some of the best hunting and fishing in the world. I grew up not far from there and have been trying to find a way back for the last 40 years.

good luck.

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 06:19:04 AM »
Richard,

I hate to see you go, but you have to do what has to be done. That is how I ended up in Ohio 10 years ago, followed the wife at the time. Then got divorced and stayed here.  IF you and moma do leave we will all have to get together for at least coffee or lunch before you go.

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 07:20:14 AM »
Best of luck to you Richard, you got to do what youy have to do . I was looking forward to meeting you in person and doing some pig shooting  this summer   Greg tells me your a standup type of guy
You will have plenty of pigs to shoot at down there  plus the deer season is longer and  I think you can kill 2 a day
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 06:00:05 AM »
Richard,  I am sorry to here you may be moving away from Ohio, I was also looking to meet you this spring when our weather improves. If you do go,  Best of Luck, at least you will still have the forum here that will be familiar for you.
                                                                       Jed
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. 7-30 Waters &20ga.,

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 12:45:17 PM »
Well its been almost 2 weeks and their still trying to make up their minds as to weather they want her to go down south or to stay at the corp. office ,  ??? , i think about another week and she will make up their minds for them .  ::)

That and the idea of being that far from the grand kids is working on her too . i like all the hunting and fishing that comes with the south but am not sure how i'll deal with the heat , that 104 at the p-dog shoot 2 years ago was rough on this  old , fat boy .  ;D

And to be real honest , i love Ohio .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 01:16:23 PM »
Well I am one to say you won't mind the Rednecks but some of the others that are around here the trash you won't like. Many people get them mixed up. Also you will have to deal with Hurricane season now but the deer season and the hog seasons will make up for it. Depending on where you hunt you might have year round hog hunting like here in SC. Good luck.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline striker525

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 07:36:36 AM »
Stimpy the hunting down there is excellent along with the fishing. I have family down in Mobile and visit once a year or so. the drive down isn't bad, but now with the Gas prices being what they are????? hate to see you leave here.

Dave

Offline stimpylu32

Re: Looks like i'll be moving -- up date
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 01:54:38 PM »
Well it looks like the move is on hold for anytime in the near furture , it seems that the company that was bought had all kinds of problems that were not disclosed at sale time and the net worth of said compamy was only about 15% of what was stated .  :o

I get to keep my butt right here in Ohio .  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline Catfish

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 02:00:25 AM »
Look at the bright side, you`ll get to see my smileing face at the Lima gun shows.

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 02:34:31 AM »
Richard, if it's any consolation, I'm sure that Catfish and I will keep you in coffee and B.S. at the show. By the way, how did the P.D. hunt go??gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 09:55:46 AM »
Thanks guys , been under the weather the last few days  :'( Pinched a nerve in my lower back , as for the shoot , had a wonderful time , you 2 need to make the trip , its well worth it .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline Catfish

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 12:00:11 PM »
Hate to hear you pinched a nerve in your back. I hear that one you do that you can never shoot again. I better come up and get all of your guns so that your not tempted.

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 04:09:47 PM »
Not to worry catfish , I'll get a Lead Sled and a remote trigger . no back strain that way .  ;)  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 04:21:40 PM »
catfish i know hes got  a lot so u may need my help ill carry a few myy way also  ;)

Offline Catfish

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 11:34:29 AM »
Shaner,
   Thanks for the offer of help. We better get there quick though, he`s already talking about ways he can shoot and we don`t want him to hurt himself. He`s really lucky to have 2 nice guys like us around to watch over him and keep him from hurting himself.  ;)

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 02:50:35 PM »
agree'd man ,