Author Topic: North American Arms Guardian  (Read 735 times)

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • A Real Regular
North American Arms Guardian
« on: March 10, 2008, 04:44:47 PM »
Hello, I asked this question over in the conceal and carry forum but thought I might have someone from this forum read this that wouldn't see it on the other one. Does anyone own a 380 NAA Guardian? I am considering one but would like to hear from someone that has one. Thanks, Charlie
NRA Life Member, US Navy Veteran.

Oklahoma has 77 counties, Romney-77, Obama-0

I'll keep my Guns, my Freedom's and my Money.
You can keep the "Change"

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: North American Arms Guardian
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 01:24:27 AM »
dont know about the NA gun but ruger just came out with a little 380 and Jeff Quinn tested one and said it was a hell of a gun for 300 bucks. Ive got one ordered.
blue lives matter

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 01:25:24 AM »
blue lives matter

Offline Bigbuck

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 06:33:07 AM »
I've not played with the Guardian....but something else to look into is the new Ruger LCP (Light Compact Pistol).  Cost wise...it may be a better choice.

Offline bighemidaddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 03:43:16 AM »
I have a kel- tec 380 its lite and in a pocket holster you can't see it

bighemidaddy

Offline TxPhantom

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 05:14:33 AM »
I would suggest a 9mm over the 380. The 9mm has more punch and ammo costs are much lower. The Kel Tec PF9 or a little bigger, the new Walther, PPS, 9mm. My light weight carry gun is a S & W, 442 snubbie, 38+P with Crimson Trace laser grips, in a Desantis pocket holster. Very effective self defense weapon that's easy to conceal in warm weather clothing.
I have a Walther PPK/S 380 and a Bersa Thunder 380. Both are good pistols but I seldom shoot them anymore due to ammo cost. They are primarily just used as back up home defense guns. My 9mms get lots of fun range time and are good home, carry and car guns.
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder

Samurai Saying; \"After a victory is the time you should tighten your helmet straps\"

Offline Ole Man Dan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 10:20:03 AM »
cgourbeau32

I bought one when they first hit the market.  The sights are too small to be useful, so I ground them off, polished the flat, and sight down the 'Flat' of the slide.  My gun shoots well, conceals well, and works with every .380 it's been fed.  Even w/o sights it will keep them inside a 'Q Target' at 15-25 yards.  When I bought mine I had intended to buy the .32 version, but it lay in the counter next to the .380 and wasn't too much bigger.  I bought a pocket holster to keep it upright in the pocket.  I mostly carry it when I'm wearing shorts or a bathing suit.  (I carry it when I'm not carrying a gun)
It's a good strong gun, and well made.  After I shot it for a while the trigger pull improved and it got lighter and felt pretty good.
I like big guns, but I'll carry it rather than not carry anything at all.  Life's a compromise.

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 02:36:45 PM »
Thank you Dan. I was hoping someone would reply who owned the gun. I am really leaning toward the Guardian. Charlie

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 03:17:47 PM »
Well I bought a 380 Guardian today. I should have it by mid next week. I will update when I get out to the range. Hopefully next weekend since it is a long weekend with me getting Good Friday off of work. Charlie

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 06:33:58 AM »
Well I went to my FFL and picked up the Guardian yesterday. This gun really looks and feels like it will be a quality gun. It feels like quality in the hand, a little heavy but not excessively for a pistol this compact. I paid $452 out the door. I have seen them for a little less and quite a bit more. We are off work tomorrow for Good Friday and a co-worker and I are planning to go shoot. I will post a range report when we get back. I can hardly wait to squeeze off a few rounds (100 tomorrow as a part of a break in session) Charlie

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »
I went to the range today and shot my new guardian. The gun shot well for a gun that small. The weight of the gun dampens the recoil nicely. Near the end of the session I got a 6 shot group of about 2 3/4" or 3" at 15 feet. I feel with sufficient practice I can shoot that group consistently. I am satisfied with my purchase. Thanks, Charlie