Author Topic: ZIMBABWE  (Read 633 times)

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
ZIMBABWE
« on: March 26, 2008, 05:34:35 AM »
I just saw an article on MSNBC, a loaf of bread cost $10,000,000.00.
the exchange rate is according to the bank is 30,000.00 to 1 us dollar, with inflation it is more like
$35,000,000.00 to $1.00us.  2 rolls of toilet paper $10,000,000.00 but they have tall "soft grass there
i hope. they say the black market is keeping from civil war. They claim to have no one that
knows how to deal with this. I think this would be a good time for some "righteous"
African/Americans to go help them, set up equal rights, affirmative action and such. ::) :-*
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: ZIMBABWE
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 05:44:00 AM »
They have that with Robert Mogabe.  He is communistic though.  A friend of mine sent me an email that Mogabe mandates that all businesses in Zim be owned with at least 51% interest by resident blacks.  This includes any worldwide corporation having offices or stores in Zim.  I could not believe what he related so looked it up on line and it is true.  That includes companies like IBM, Ford, GM, and John Deere.  How any man could think to hand over 51% of his entire corporation or business to a black in Zim, just to do business there, is insane.  No wonder inflation is so high. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Cowpox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 07:59:02 AM »
Do I remember correctly ?  A few years ago, I'm thinking Zimbabwe Nationalized farm land owned by thousands of white farmers, and split it into small plots for black residents.  Now a few years later no one can afford food ?  This must come under the heading of "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR".  Or maybe, more appropriately, (to quote Bugs Bunny) tsk ! tsk !
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 09:22:59 AM »
You are correct Cowpox
I have heard of a church TUCC that would surly want to take their whole following over
there and help these poor souls straighten out their country, they have one follower that could be President, and they have a spiritual leader. What else would they need? ::)
Rex

Offline scout34

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 03:03:00 AM »
The rallying cry in Rhodesia used to be, "One man, one vote."  Well, that is exactly what they have gotten.

Offline magooch

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 03:54:32 AM »
Gee, I guess if I moved there, I'd be a gazillionair.  But only for as long as it took to be hacked to pieces. 
Swingem

Offline S.S.

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 01:50:03 PM »
Rhodesia...   Now that is a place I have not heard talked about in a long time.
A wonderfully screwed up place.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline toysoldier

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 04:58:28 PM »
Rhodesia is a classic example of what happened to African states when Europeans pulled out. The natives may not have liked the way they were treated, but it is obvious that they treat each other worse. Some Africans have seriously suggested that re-colonization is the only way to stabilize the continent. Given the number of AKs there, that wouldn't be an easy task.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 05:20:45 AM »
  It sure is tragic..so many years the people wanted top be "out from under colonial rule"..They got their wish..now what have they got ?

Obviously they were "used" by a bunch of opportunists such as Mugabe.

Curiously in this election cycle, we hear many here in the US screaming for "change"..even some shouting "revolution"..that seems to be what they are "wishing" for !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 07:49:30 AM »
Their is a church in the us TUCC that says their first allegance is to Africa.
This would be a good time for the congergation to go and do some good for these countries
or maybe they are waiting for the U.S. to give them the money. ::)
Rex