Author Topic: The HI-POINT in my LIFE with PISTOLS!!!  (Read 1790 times)

Offline ZX11

• Trade Count: (4)
The HI-POINT in my LIFE with PISTOLS!!!
« on: March 31, 2008, 04:05:58 AM »
First let me say Hi To All!! New Member from Pa. 51 Male. I'm not sure what I can say to do this Pistol Justice other than this C-9 I just bought the other day for $138.00 is The HIGH-POINT in my Life of Pistols!! I have owned most of the others S&W,Rugers,Taurus Well you know the $300.00 to $700.00 Guns. I really hate to admit I only bought my C-9 to Prove to myself a $138.00 Pistol has to be Junk. Boy was I Wrong!!! I LOVE IT!! I only Wish I could Show&Tell the World what they are missing! KUDO's To Hi-Point you NAILED IT!! GREAT JOB!!

Offline jdwolf

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: The HI-POINT in my LIFE with PISTOLS!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:14:04 AM »
First let me say Hi To All!! New Member from Pa. 51 Male. I'm not sure what I can say to do this Pistol Justice other than this C-9 I just bought the other day for $138.00 is The HIGH-POINT in my Life of Pistols!! I have owned most of the others S&W,Rugers,Taurus Well you know the $300.00 to $700.00 Guns. I really hate to admit I only bought my C-9 to Prove to myself a $138.00 Pistol has to be Junk. Boy was I Wrong!!! I LOVE IT!! I only Wish I could Show&Tell the World what they are missing! KUDO's To Hi-Point you NAILED IT!! GREAT JOB!!
  Hello & welcome.  I'm a 52 year old male from Illinois.  I know what your saying!  I have also owned other pistols that cost 2 or 3 times more than my Hi Point C9 that was nowhere near as reliable or accurate as my C9.  Hats off to Hi Point!!!

Help support concealed carry in Illinois,  show your support.  http://www.cafepress.com/sicc

Offline countryrebel8174

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 12:36:50 AM »
they are ugly critters but they do what the were made to do and that is shoot....only FTF i ever experienced with my c9 was with hollow points, it dint like em....however round nose it would eat em up no problem.
they can try and take my guns....but i aint givin' em up until all my shells are gone or i quit breathing.

Offline hardertr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 10:21:41 AM »
If you like their pistols, you should try their carbine. They are BOTH ugly as sin, but they are both fun to shoot. 

AND, if you get the pair in 40S&W, they use the same magazine (the 9mm doesn't). I bought the carbine in 40S&W, and bought the pistol to go with it just for that reason.

I can't bring myself to buying a C-9, but I will pick up another carbine in 9mm when I get back to the States.
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline ZX11

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 02:47:59 AM »
ContryRebel Nice AK!!  Yes I thought about a carbine You can't beat the price. I just blew my gun budget on a AK-47 LOVE it Funist gun I have ever Shot!!

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 01:48:30 AM »
well one argument you can still say , hey they are american made ,, afterthe deal with remington this week, iam more to high point !!!! support american made or ??plan on eattin alot of rice cakes

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 02:41:30 AM »
ZX11

I got my first C9 for the same reason , to see what a $149 pistol would be like , the first thing i did after cleaning it was to take a shoe box full of ammo , factory and handloads mix them all up and start loading . No matter what combo of rounds i loaded i had no FTF or feed problems .

After this test i felt good enough about this gun that i gave it to my brother to carry in his tow truck when he had to make night runs , that was over 5 years ago and its still going strong after over 5000 rounds .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline jdwolf

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 10:31:46 AM »
ZX11

I got my first C9 for the same reason , to see what a $149 pistol would be like , the first thing i did after cleaning it was to take a shoe box full of ammo , factory and handloads mix them all up and start loading . No matter what combo of rounds i loaded i had no FTF or feed problems .

After this test i felt good enough about this gun that i gave it to my brother to carry in his tow truck when he had to make night runs , that was over 5 years ago and its still going strong after over 5000 rounds .

stimpy
  Stimpy.....Check out the 995 carbine.  I guarantee you'll love it. 
Help support concealed carry in Illinois,  show your support.  http://www.cafepress.com/sicc