Author Topic: Accessory barrel program questions  (Read 759 times)

Offline hdhntr

• Trade Count: (0)
Accessory barrel program questions
« on: April 01, 2008, 06:58:10 AM »
If I could jump in here - you guys seem to know some good info on H&R.
I have a .223 bull bbl ultra - I had a vgood trigger job done -
I want to elk hunt with a single shot and am thinking a 30-06 bbl will be just the right medicine
I heard they will restock my trigger when I send in the receiver - is that true?
Will the fitting effect the accuracy I enjoy with the .223 - ?do they alter the receiver at all or fit the bbl to my receiver?
Thanks guys

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
Re: Accessory barrel program
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 08:44:05 AM »
The work the factory does ,is on the new barrel not the receiver.They have never "restocked" my triggers when I have sent them in for barrels. As to the accuracy after a new barrel I have never seen a difference I could not attribute to operator error.   hth  Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Accessory barrel program
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 08:44:30 AM »
Welcome aboard!  ;) If the trigger is lighter than their standards which is somewhere in the 3-3½lbs range, they may replace parts to get it back to within their standards.

As Doug said, when they fit barrels, they don't make changes to the frame, just the barrel being fitted, so the only change that will affect accuracy when you swap barrels will be the forend screw torque and/or any changes you make in the forend to get the new barrel to shoot well. Many members order a forend for each accessory barrel so it's dedicated to that barrel to eliminate that issue.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain