Author Topic: Best slugger ever  (Read 1244 times)

Offline buckshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Best slugger ever
« on: March 26, 2008, 01:02:07 PM »
Hey guys I am looking to buy a new slugger this summer, my question is? Is Their any kind of pump action,  bolt action, and single shot sluggers that gives magnificent patterns at 100 yards , 150 yards , and 200 yards. Also what kind of ammo do you use?

Please reply

Buckshooter     
"When guns are outlawed only the outlaws have guns."  by Louis L'Amoure

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." by President Ronald Reagan

Offline buckshooter

• Avid Poster
Re: Best slugger ever
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 03:58:11 PM »
Hey guys I am looking to buy a new slugger this summer, my question is? Is Their a kind of pump or bolt action slugger that gives magnificent patterns at 100 yards , 150 yards , and 200 yards.

Please reply

Buckshooter     
"When guns are outlawed only the outlaws have guns."  by Louis L'Amoure

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." by President Ronald Reagan

Offline Huntsman1

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 04:47:48 AM »
I can't say what the best slugger out there is but I can tell you what I use; I started out with a barrel combo for Win 120 Ranger(pump) which I bought in 1990, it was a smoothbore 24" rifle sighted open choked slug barrel. Pretty accurate with Win rifled slugs out to 75yds and took 4 deer I then upgraded to a Win. 1300 deer barrel with screw in chokes and installed a Carlson rifled choke tube which shrank my 75 yard groups using the same Winchester 1 oz rifled slugs, I now use a Mossberg 500 20ga with fully rifled ported barrel and has a cantilever (integral base) scope mount. I use a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn 1.5-4.5x32 scope.
My loads are; Win. BRI sabot slugs, Rem. All Copper sabot slug and my cast Lyman sabot slugs.
This is very accurate compared to my smooth/RCT barrel from 25-125 yards. I gain an extra 75 yards using the fully rifled barrel.
This shotgun is new to me this year so I haven't taken any game yet. My next slugger will be a "Fully Rifled" barrel for my Thompson Center Encore in 12ga,
Cheers,

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 10:56:39 AM »
I'm a semi-auto fan myself. Remington 11-87, fully rifled barrel w/ cantilever scope mount, grey laminated thumbhole stock, Nikon scope. It will shoot one hole three shot groups at 50 yards on a rest with rottweil/berneke 1 1/8 oz. slugs. They are pretty darn heavy though.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 02:01:34 PM »
I carry an automatic-Rem 1100, but coming from a slug gun only state I would say that the 870 Rem has carried more slug barrels than any other gun. You also have a bigger choice of barrels for it.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte