Author Topic: Replaced Barrel-have questions  (Read 451 times)

Offline ThomasB

• Trade Count: (0)
Replaced Barrel-have questions
« on: April 02, 2008, 04:49:19 PM »
To you guys in the know: I have a bad barrel on my sb1f12 and sent it back to H&R/NEF for replacement. When I got it back,
the barrel they had put on there was a 3inch chambered "tamer" barrel (says tamer on it with little squiggles on each side)
instead of the 3 1/2 inch F12 barrel. I never plan on shooting 3 1/2 inch shells out of it, but this kind of torks me off.
Is this an older bbl as I can only find the .410 and .20ga in the Tamer category now?  Also, because I bought the gun
NEW should they reimburse me for the shipping fees to send it to them in the first place?
I've never had any problems with them until this situation came up, but am very unsatisfied with their performance on this.
Tom
Thomas B.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: Replaced Barrel-have questions
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:52:55 PM »
ThomasB,
I would give them a call.  The F12 barrel should be 24" full choke 3.5 chamber.  If you got anything other than that barrel, then they screwed up.  I am not familiar with how the shipping costs are handled in a warranty situation, but it sure seems reasonable that you should be re-imbursed for your shipping costs to send it back to the factory.
To my knowledge, they have not made any 12 Tamer models.  Not recent years anyway.  Sure sounds like they dropped the ball.  I would give them a call and they should be able to straight it all out.

cookiemann

I see that you have a range report posted before you posted here.  Do you like the barrel you got from H&R??  If so, maybe just call them and let them know about the different barrel and see if they will reimburse for the shipping costs and just keep the barrel. 
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 02:44:26 AM »
That would make me mad. As Cookie said call CS and they should make it right. I've never heard of a 12ga tamer either. I know Choate offers a 12ga Tamer stock so maybe they did a special run of them. What Choke is it?  When you sent it back did they issue a call tag or did you just send it in ?
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline ThomasB

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 10:01:42 AM »
Its a full choke 3inch chamber. It shoots ok with the #5 Fed turkey. I called them and they are going to send me a
prepaid shipping label to send it back to them. The gal there looked up the repair invoice and said "Yep - they screwed up
and will replace it with the proper barrel."  Also, they will reimburse me $15.00 for my original shipping so all seems to be going
well on this. I told her that turkey season started on Apr 15th and would ship the gun back afterward and she said no problem.
All seems well in NEF land now. <G>
Tom
Thomas B.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 06:03:38 PM »
Good to hear you will be able to hunt and get the gun fixed as well...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense