Author Topic: SCOTUS awards foreign terrorists US Constitutional rights..  (Read 1474 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: SCOTUS awards foreign terrorists US Constitutional rights..
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 12:51:21 AM »
  And giving Muslim terrorists special rights, sounds too much like creeping surrender !

When terrorists housed in Abu Gharib and Gitmo complain about how "infidels" must not even touch the Korans that are hand delivered to them,
  and the guards are ordered to handle the Koran only while wearing surgical gloves...it makes one wonder..Who's the boss and who's the butler ?

The stupidity of you liberal's "political correctness" will be the death of this nation ! Of course, SOME don't mind that idea...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline beemanbeme

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 02:26:47 AM »
I agree with that.  As I have posted elsewhere. The magic of the Book is in you, not in the pages.  Regardless of who has handled it, when it comes into your hands, it is THE BIBLE. 

However, the constitution does say, All men, not American men, nor Christian men, nor people we like, etc.  I think they should have their say in a timely manner.  If REASONABLE dietary and religious consessions are made in our US prisons, then they should be made at GITMO.  I'll admit that may open up a can of worms because the long term US prisoner keeps the courts clogged with frivolous suits based on "dietary" needs and "religious" needs.  99% of which is just crap they dream up to kill time.
Since we have a surprising number of Muslims that are American citizens, we ought to be able to find out if the dietary and religious needs are legit or not.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 03:01:37 AM »
If they expect be processed under our law then they must realize they do not deserve any SPEICAL treatment not authorized under our law .
As far as Islam many feel they learned all they need to know on 9 / 11 !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 05:38:01 AM »
  I see, and hear on tv, that many people are "troubled" with the Supreme Court ruling...  Forget the fact that some may be innocent of any wrongdoing since we all now how great our intelligence agencies have been.  My question is, what if the court decided that accused terrorists housed on foreign soil have no rights??  If that was the case, in the future, could political enemies be accused of terrorism and disappear???  Sorry guys, but the whole "no legal rights" sounds too much like Joe's Soviet Union...

Jim

Well said.  It never ceases to amaze me how people here believe that only the parts of the constititution that they like should be followed.  Those people may well be guilty.  If they are, have a trial.  If they aren't, why are you holding them? 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 06:20:19 AM »
For the most part i have no problem with President Bush , but to allow him or anyone to go unchecked with regard to Freedoms , Rights and due process is little more than spitting in the face of the Great Americans who died to give and protect those freedoms and rights . The way i see it the system is working ,SLOW but working .
Political BS on our part is stupid , WE ARE THE MOST POWERFUL PEOPLE ON EARTH ITS TIME WE ACT LIKE IT !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 11:36:14 AM »
Kill em, they are not Americans, they have no rights under the constitution. Who cares about these scum. I don't!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.