Author Topic: Rev. Wright Slams Fox News, O'Reilly  (Read 456 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Rev. Wright Slams Fox News, O'Reilly
« on: April 16, 2008, 12:47:39 PM »
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/wright_fox_news_oreilly/2008/04/13/87636.html

This weekend, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright made his first comments since his public sermons made national headlines.

He came out swinging, once again attacking the United States for racism. He also singled out Fox News for criticism.

Speaking Saturday at a eulogy for former appellate Judge R. Eugene Pincham, a member of Wright's Trinity United Church of Christ, Wright blamed the Founding Fathers for the woes of blacks today, claiming they “planted slavery and white supremacy in the DNA of this republic.”

Wright cited Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who recently said the country has a “congenital birth defect” owing to its constitutional acceptance of slavery.

Wright also described Thomas Jefferson as having engaged in “pedophilia.”

But his most heated comments were targeted at Fox News, which he called "Fix News."

“Fox News can’t understand that,” Wright exclaimed. “[Bill] O’Reilly will never get that. Sean Hannity’s stupid fantasy will keep him forever stuck on stupid when it comes to comprehending how you can love a brother who does not believe what you believe. [Pincham’s] faith was a faith in a God who loved the whole world not just one country or one creed.”

Presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, a member of Wright's church, has distanced himself from some of Wright's comments but refuses to condemn his former pastor or resign from the church.

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Rev. Wright Slams Fox News, O'Reilly
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
This "poor black man" lives in  10,000 square foot house with a 10 million dollar credit line, both supplied by the church. Just goes to show you race baiting pays well.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 03:28:28 PM »
Uses the pulpit to spread hate, and a friends funeral to slam the media?

Must be devotion, tact and homage aren't part of the culture.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 03:38:28 PM »
Keep digging Rev..you're doing B. Hussein Obama a great deal of good !....LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline beemanbeme

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 03:39:18 PM »
Same old crap that Jesse tried to pull: "America can cleanse its consience by voting for me."  ROFLMAO Hell, I feel pretty good about myself. I never owned any slaves. If you think Wright has a bad attitude, read up on Hussein's wife.  Even with all the low-down rotten crap Hillary has pulled and the lies she has told, Monica's boyfiriend's wife comes off like a Sunday School Teacher by comparison.  

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 01:02:08 AM »
B. Hussein Obama said last night in the debate that he would not listen to the generals on how prosecute a war. I guess his early years in a madras
  prepared him better than West Point or Annapolis, Ivy leagues and various War Colleges have prepared our generals. What an ignoramus !

He thinks he is smarter than all our best military minds, I wonder if he believes the same way about economics, medicine, engineering and a
  hundred other subjects. Wonder if he will dissolve cabinet officers..secys of defense, education, HHS, state,and treasury. Of course, he has already
  stated that there is no need for the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Welcome grand Exalted Poobah, chairman Mao, Joseph Stalin, Robert Mugabe and Idi Amin....all rolled into one..

Hard to believe that normally bright people will, like sheep, follow such an egotistical, self centered, racist...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 04:49:49 AM »
B. Hussein Obama said last night in the debate that he would not listen to the generals on how prosecute a war. I guess his early years in a madras
  prepared him better than West Point or Annapolis, Ivy leagues and various War Colleges have prepared our generals. What an ignoramus !

He thinks he is smarter than all our best military minds, I wonder if he believes the same way about economics, medicine, engineering and a
  hundred other subjects. Wonder if he will dissolve cabinet officers..secys of defense, education, HHS, state,and treasury. Of course, he has already
  stated that there is no need for the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Welcome grand Exalted Poobah, chairman Mao, Joseph Stalin, Robert Mugabe and Idi Amin....all rolled into one..

Hard to believe that normally bright people will, like sheep, follow such an egotistical, self centered, racist...

They don't care about anything he says except the word change once he says that they are in a daze. He could say he is going to take all of his supports and put them into jail and hurt them and they would still vote for him. I was speaking something bad about Obama the other day at work and the new guy looks at me and says I am racist because I am not voting for him. I said I don't support a thing Obama says and they say I am still racist and I am not going to vote for him because he is black when he is really not just half. The new guy also says we are in a war for oil and that we need more bans on guns just because he is ignorant.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick