Author Topic: CVA 45cal MLs  (Read 1070 times)

Offline lefty red

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
CVA 45cal MLs
« on: December 04, 2008, 09:37:11 AM »
Hello.  I've been researching MLs for the last three weeks.  I've held allot of rifles, mostly newer models.

I've been posting in the Modern Inline section.  I had a Savage 10ML-II in my sights, but I just can't seem to bring myself to pay that kind of money for a rifle I will only shoot 10-15 times a year. 

I live in So IL, and will use the ML for the two slug and one ML only seasons.  I normally get three to four deer a year.

I'm looking for the best bang for my buck!  I'm looking at CVAs now.  I like the Optima alloot, but its hard to find 45cal anywhere.  I did locate a couple and was wondering everyone's input on these models.  First is the Firebolt 209 Ultra Mag.  It looks like a bolt action inline.  Another, for my younger hunter is the Hunterbolt in 45cal.  Anyone with any experiance or input, please post.

Jerry 
I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

I ain't never been lost in my life, been a might confused for a month or so.....

Pilgram, are you sure you know how to skin grizzer bear.....

Don't run little squirrel, you'll only die tired....

Offline beerhunter

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: CVA 45cal MLs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 08:59:43 PM »
Id spend the extra and go with a optima pro in a 50.(you cant beat the barrel lenght for added distant) I love mine and there is more of a selection out there for 50 than the 45. try and stay away from the power belts.

Offline lefty red

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 10:17:11 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

I really didn't see the need for the added expense for the Pro in the Optima line.  I didn't notice a huge differance in the weight to pay for the extra money.

I'll keep an open mind and try another Pro this weekend.

I like the 45 cal.  I know their is more selection with the 50 cal, but my daughters didn't mind my Black Diamond XR in 45 cal at all.  And they are the main reason I get to hunt this upcoming year.  The Young Prince is finally old enough to go with also.

Jerry
I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

I ain't never been lost in my life, been a might confused for a month or so.....

Pilgram, are you sure you know how to skin grizzer bear.....

Don't run little squirrel, you'll only die tired....

Offline dustyr

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 03:10:36 PM »
I have a CVA Hunterbolt .45 cal - love it! Only thing I changed on it was replace the sights with a TruGlo set. Bagged my first muzzleloader whitetail with it this past season (103 yds with open sights). Thinking about putting a scope on it - eyes are getting a little harder to use at that range.