Author Topic: witness  (Read 1115 times)

Offline daddyof4

• Trade Count: (0)
witness
« on: April 22, 2008, 07:25:06 AM »
Anyone shoot a eaa witness? I have a chance to buy one in about mint condition for 325. Pro's and con's?????

Offline Mohawk

Re: witness
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 08:39:07 AM »
  Pick up something else.

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 08:59:55 AM »
i have heard good things about then while other don't like them i have thought about getting one myself you can find some more info about the at czshooters and there are others site if you want them  i will have to pm them to you and you can also get the conversion kits for the witness and shoot different calibers. i guess if you like the gun and it feels comfortable to you i would get it depending on condition. if i could find one i liked i would get it but i like the compact models myself and would buy one but not all the conversion kits fit the compact models. if you want the other sites send me a pm i will send them to you or send me an email address i will get the sites sent to you. or spend a bit more and buy a CZ pistol

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 09:18:10 AM »
I had an opportunity to pick one up with target sights for a good price a few years ago but didn't since I had to trade and couldn't get a good trade on my gun.  I know one guy with one and he is very satisfied with it.  I wish that I had bought it.

Offline Savage

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 11:34:54 AM »
I have had mine for a number of years. It has the great ergonomics of the CZ at about half the price. I have the 10mm/.40barrel, and the 45 and 9mm. The 10mm was a little under sprung, but worked OK.  Just tossed the brass into the next zip code! The .45 and 9mm versions have been flawless. The 9mm is one of the most accurate handguns I've owned, and that's a lot! I love being able to carry it "Cocked and Locked" like my 1911s, or I can carry it hammer down in the DA mode like my Sig. For about $200 I could order the .22 complete upper and use it for practice drills, hummmmmmm--------.  I recommend it without reservation.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline daddyof4

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 04:29:52 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the caliber conversions... jonesn' for a 10mm. It does feel good to the hand and in the low 3's I figure it would be a good car gun.

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 04:10:00 AM »
I had one of the compact 9mms and it was a fine gun, accurate, flawless functioning, and fit my hand like a glove. I finally traded it off only because it was heavy, being all steel and holding 14 rounds. For that reason I wouldn't choose one as a carry gun but in all other respects I can recommend it quite highly.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 05:46:54 PM »
I answered this on another thread, so I just copied it.

I had an EAA Witness .40 back when the .40 was still a new round. It was probably the worst gun I have ever owned. I loved the way it felt in my hand, but it was really plagued with problems. It shot 5.5" high and 4.75" right at 7.5 yards. That meant that at 25 yards you couldn't even hit the paper. You had to guesstimate a few feet below left of you target to hit it. Then there was the problem of the magazine popping out every 5 or 6 shots. I know this had to be an abnormal gun, or Tanfoglio wouldn't still be in business.

This was back before you could get a real CZ. Today you can, so I would recommend getting the real deal instead of a cheap Italian clone. The CZ75 was the gun chosen by the Soviet Special Forces, and it is really a fine weapon. Go CZ.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline BullyDawg19

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 01:08:25 AM »
i have 2 that i absolutely love. had them for about 8 years. a compact 9 and a full size 45. great workmanship etc. they look and shoot very well. BUT - i decided to buy a new 10mm the other day in wonder finish and what i got was not good at all. machining marks, bad trigger, and the wonder finish is nothing like my 45 in wonder. very disappointed!!!!!!!!!!! it has now become my new project pistol and will be completely redone with duracoat tan and HK Black with trigger job etc. and keep in mind this thing hasnt even been shot yet. when i say bad i mean REAL BAD! wont buy another. really disappointed.dont understand.