Author Topic: PM's  (Read 510 times)

Offline kenbev

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
PM's
« on: April 21, 2008, 09:20:35 AM »
Where do I find my PM's. This board has changed and I can't seem to find them.....

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: PM's
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 09:28:44 AM »
When you click the personal message button under any member's username on any of post, it will take you to your personal messages, just click the inbox to the left of the message box to see all your messages. There's also a link at the top of every page above your time logged stats, and another at the bottom of the index page.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline kenbev

• Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 06:31:10 AM »
I liked the old setup better. This way you must go in and look for PM's. The old way showed if you had any new PM's as soon as you logged on. I just don't like it.....

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:41:33 AM »
Change your personal message options in your profile to show a pop when you get a PM, you have it set now to not notify by email also.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 06:43:38 AM »
Well Duh so does this one. If you tell it to it will even pop up a box to tell you JIST like the old software did. It's in your profile. You can also get an e-mail notice just like before.

If you'll look at the very top of EVERY page you go to on the site it has a USER INFO box immediately below the GBO Logo. Guess what the TOP line on it is? Your PM status. It tells you how many total you have and how many of them are new and gives you a link to click to.

What more can you possibily ask for? You just need to learn to use what's here as it's basically the same as before.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 10:24:23 AM »
Yep just like G.B. says, got mine set up for the e-mail notice makes it nice if I'm doing other things and have a deal going, so I don't miss anything. Just remember not to reply from e-mail notice and get on G.B.O. to reply, don't ask how I know right G.B.  :D :D
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 10:41:41 AM »
don't ask how I know right G.B.

You and who knows how many others. At least I finally twisted Matt's arm to stop them from coming to me. Dunno where they go now but I don't get them any longer.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!