Author Topic: Here is a shed I just built.  (Read 2889 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Here is a shed I just built.
« on: April 25, 2008, 09:23:27 AM »
Here is the shed I built for a customer. I finished it yesterday. The size of it is 12'x16'.  It was very tough building this myself. My wife did come out to hand me up the rafters and hold things from time to time. The thing about her is I can't get her to go more than 2 steps up a ladder. What do you think of it? Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline DalesCarpentry

Re: Here is a shed I just built.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 09:28:36 AM »
A couple more pictures. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 09:30:30 AM »
And a couple more. Dale

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 09:35:34 AM »
Dale

Looks good , got a ? , how did you stablize the back side were it runs down the slope ? did you sink posts or something else ?

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 09:44:05 AM »
The whole shed sits on 6 posts ( 4x6'S concreted in to the ground ) and 2 beams. I then framed from the bottom of the floor joists to the ground with pressure treated 2x4'S 16" on center. PS there is the Ferio they might give me in one of the pictures. Dale

Offline Carl l.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • Hunting,Fishing,Camping and Woodworking
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 03:50:47 PM »
Dale, It looks nice. I have built two shed like yours. The first one I put the shelves down low like yours. The only thing when I put the lawn mower and two 4x4's and garden tractor and etc, I had alot of wasted space because the shelfs hang out to far. The last one I built I put the shelfs up higher and worked better for me. I like them lower if I didn't have to fill them with equitment like I did. Keep up the good work. Carl L.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 04:14:33 PM »
Dale, It looks nice. I have built two shed like yours. The first one I put the shelves down low like yours. The only thing when I put the lawn mower and two 4x4's and garden tractor and etc, I had alot of wasted space because the shelfs hang out to far. The last one I built I put the shelfs up higher and worked better for me. I like them lower if I didn't have to fill them with equitment like I did. Keep up the good work. Carl L.
Yea I did talk to the customer about the height of the shelf. They originally wanted them at 4' off the floor. Then they got to thinking they wanted to stack 2 big cargo containers on top one another and thought we should lower it to 3' off the floor. After it was built they also feel it is low and they feel they might be losing space. They are going to be storing the riding lawn mower and the kids bikes. Plus a lot of other items. I could move them up for a price though. Dale

Offline Glanceblamm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 04:36:44 AM »
Looks really good Dale. Plenty of overhead sure will equal a lot of extra storage.

Offline JonD.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 02:13:23 PM »
Nice work. ;)