Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 609 times)

Offline agodwin01

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello Everyone
« on: April 28, 2008, 04:45:22 PM »
Just thought I would introduce myself.   I'm Andy in Ohio. Been lurking here for quite awhile, and realized no-one has mentioned the show in Mansfield,OH. not sure of the cannon content (never been there) but seems to be worth my short trip to check it out. Now that I've introduced myself I suppose I'll have to start asking some of questions I have been pondering from reading all those pages of posts.  (I'll try not to ask them all at once).       

Andy

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • seacoastartillery.com
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 05:41:47 PM »
      WELCOME TO THE BOARD!   Andy, you bring up a very interesting show.  Mike and I were there last year showing a couple cannons and we had a great time and learned a lot.  We also had the pleasure of meeting 9 or 10 GBO Mortar and Cannon Boards members as well.  We are far too busy to make it this year, but for anyone who has not seen this show, it would be worthwhile.  Lots of full size guns there and a few smaller ones as well in addition to lots of parts for field carriage builders and authentic drawings too.  Take some photos if you go and post them if you have a chance. 

Let us know if you have a cannon or if you are thinking of getting one.  This is a very friendly group and all of them are willing to help someone new to the hobby.

Regards,

Mike and Tracy
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 12:43:26 AM »
I have to miss the Mansfield show for about the first time in 10 years or so, have too much business to get away this time. :(

Offline agodwin01

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 02:06:33 PM »
don't have a cannon yet, but maybe someday. something about having three kids tells me it may be a while, but that doesn't stop me from looking. If anyone is going to be at the mansfield show, let me know so I can look you up.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 05:07:15 PM »
We all know about raising a family and trying to enjoy hobbies.  Choice between a can of FG or a bottle of milk, the milk always wins.

Hang in there and start small.  Take a look at our sponsors websites, one of them just might have something that you can fit in the budget.  My beer can mortar came from bartering.  Don't remember what I traded, but it was worth it.

Offline intoodeep

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 05:44:07 PM »
agodwin01,

Welcome to the board. This is the right place to be to fuel that cannon urge....  As, for the Mansfield show. I would highly recommend going if you get the chance. You will see quite a few items of interest. I was fortunate enough to make it out there last year. I got to see some friends from the past and got to meet some great new friends while I was there. Mike & Tracy from Seacoast were one and "das" was another.

I have posted a link to the original thread  just to give you an idea of what goes on.

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,118417.0.html
If you make it idiot proof, then, someone will make a better idiot.

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 07:45:22 PM »
Welcome agodwin01 ,