Author Topic: wifes pig  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
wifes pig
« on: April 25, 2008, 05:28:01 AM »
made you look didnt it. this is a boar she shot with my 4570 #1 using a cast 540 wfngc ballistic cast bullet that was then hollowpointed. Do you think it made it bleed?
blue lives matter

Offline crabo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: wifes pig
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 11:27:51 AM »
Nice pig.  She did well.  How about some details?

My wife won't shoot anything, but she is always up for driving deer, holding them while I gut them, and helping drag them out.

How do you like that #1 in 45-70?

Crabo

Offline Chris Potts

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »
Very nice.  Is that in the UP?  If so I didn't realize that they (pigs) had crossed the bridge already.  I really want to get a 45/70.  Those rugers are nice looking guns, but deep down I would like to get a marlin cowboy and have it chopped down to 20".  Just have to save up some cash.

I guess with a bullet that heavy a hollowpoint isn't going to limit penetration too much.  How did you hollowpoint the bullets?

Chris

Offline 454Puma

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 07:34:02 PM »
Lloyd Smale
   Where the heck are you hunting piggies in the snow? Nice pig by the way!! Heck I've been out wacking Wissel pigs it was a nice 60 degree day. Made a nice 200 yd shot on one with my 113 gr cast out of my '06! :)
One shot , One Kill

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 06:12:03 AM »
it was at the buddys game farm. Hes got about a 160 acres to hunt on and has pigs and buffalo. chis your really going to like my latest project lever. its a marlin cowboy being chopped to 18 inch and the frame hammer and lever case hardened and an apature sight with a post front that has interchangeable blades and one will be a trinium. Dave Clements is doing it.
blue lives matter

Offline Chris Potts

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 05:13:22 PM »
Lloyd,

I think that I remember you posting about that project before.  That will be very nice.  I have always preferred the look of the straight stocks and octagonal barrels.  I can't wait to see pictures when that is done.

Chris

Offline fowler

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 07:00:43 PM »
Lloyd,

That can't be YOUR wife, way to young and attractive to put up with a ol bullet caster like you....