Author Topic: Wyoming antelope  (Read 983 times)

Offline foxcaller

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
  • Avid Poster
Wyoming antelope
« on: July 01, 2003, 06:04:11 AM »
Just went to the Wyoming web site and found out I am going antelope hunting this fall, yahoo...................................!

Offline wyote

• Trade Count: (0)
Wyoming antelope
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 06:21:44 AM »
What area are you going to hunt?
for every law thats passed alittle freedom dies

Offline Lawdog

Wyoming antelope
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 07:51:21 AM »
foxcaller,

Congratulations on beating the odds.  Let us know how the hunt goes so the rest of us can drool.  Lawdog
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline foxcaller

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
antelope
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 09:31:16 AM »
I have buck and doe permits for unit 43 just North of Laramie. I am stoked. I live in AZ where the antelope are jumbo size but draw odds are horrible. I have lived in AZ all my life and have never drawn an antelope tag. I have the max number of bonus points this year though so watch me draw here also and have to choose between the two as I doubt I would be able to take enough time off to do both. That would be my luck!

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Wyoming antelope
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2003, 11:29:39 AM »
Gee Foxcaller, I am glad you mentioned your success.  I just went and ck'd and both of my sons and I drew for antelope also.  We will be in the LaGrange area. :D  :D  :D
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline az4life

• http://www.cdknives.com
Me Too!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 08:32:23 PM »
Hey there foxcaller and longwinters. I have something in common with both of you.
I live in Peoria, AZ and got drawn for #34 Wyoming Antelope! I will be staying with my Brother / Sister-in-law in Lagrange!  Small world eh?
Good Luck to you both!
Longwinter, Lagrange is so small, maybe we will meet up, ya never know....
It is always beter to be the hunter than the hunted!

Offline foxcaller

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
greetings
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 10:21:47 AM »
Hey az4life, hello to you too. Be sure and let us know what happens on your hunt. this will be my first trip to Wyoming. My hunting buddies have hunted there 3 or 4 years now and they always have a blast so I am looking forward to it.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Wyoming antelope
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2003, 12:12:43 PM »
We will be in unit 34 and 35.  YEE Haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Offline az4life

• http://www.cdknives.com
Wyoming antelope
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2003, 07:52:22 PM »
:-D
Well that was Less of a reaction than I thought I'd get from you Longwinters.  It should be different for you since you probably never HAVE to shoot more than 50 yards. Wide open fields and Wiley "lopes" should make for some fun.
Do you even have anywhere to sight in for a 200 yard shot? What bullet do you plan to use? :D  

See ya in a couple months...
It is always beter to be the hunter than the hunted!

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Wyoming antelope
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2003, 11:59:47 AM »
AZ,  I am a little slow.  Mostly because I didnt know you lived in Peoria. :oops:   You are right . . . it will be hard to find a place to shoot over 100 yds.  If I shot a 300 winmag I could just use the 1st bullet to clear a path out to 300 yds  :lol: I am trying to figure out between the 7mm, a 7m-08 and my 243.  We all drew in #35. I was counting you when I said 34.  Anyway, I will take whichever gun I can shoot the best (right now the 243 ) with Nosler Partitions 90 gn.  Let me know when you are shooting 1" moa.