Author Topic: ?? about Old English gun shop in Dayton / Tipp City  (Read 7374 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
?? about Old English gun shop in Dayton / Tipp City
« on: May 18, 2008, 03:10:40 AM »
For you guys that shop there , how do their prices compare to say Midway or the other mail order places , I have never been there but hear good things so I am planning a road trip  . Whats their inventory like as far as reloading supplies go ?

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
Re: ?? about Old English gun shop in Dayton / Tipp City
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »
Stimpy,

Reloading supplies are slim to none. I won't shop there anymore after the way I was treated one day. Went in with cash money to buy a new gun, but yea I was in my raggity a$$ old camos with holes in them and stuff. Didn't want to even give me the time of day. I will admit I looked bad, I had been working on the car that morning and just went in there after cleaning up very little, but still you don't treat someone like that. So I don't shop there anymore.

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 01:51:10 PM »
Greg, I get that treatment also. I'm the long haired biker type and get ignored at stores and car dealerships and believe it or not one Harley dealer I went into. What they don't see is a person that has a good job and bought his first house at 25 and is looking to spend quite a bit of money there. A lot of times I'll get the new guy on the block to see if I need some help and the other salesmen are shocked when I leave with a new bike or truck or whatever and the young kid gets the comission.

Sorry Stimpy this is a sore spot for me and I had to post my thoughts.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 02:31:56 PM »
I have to dis agree
I was at Olde English a couple of weeks ago and they had a nice stock of bullets. They also had plenty of one pound powder canisters. Lots of dies and tools.
The shop is a busy place, I have never been there with out there being 3 or more customers there also. They are busy  but also knowledgeable and helpful. Their gunsmith knows his stuff.
I have NEVER received the treatment  that was mentioned. Even the girls behind the cash register are very polite... I have noticed they just hired another new girl. The girls there can talk guns as well.

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 03:55:56 PM »
Thanks for the input guys .

Grimjim

I can relate , what my pic does not show is the 18" ponytail tucked in the back of my shirt  , it was taken at a big BP Chemical party and I needed to look human I guess .  ;D

Greg

I plan to drop about $500 in there so we shall see what kind of reception I get .  ??? there's always Gander or Pro Bass .  ;)

HT

Bullets and powder are what I'll be after .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline Hairtrigger

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 12:16:30 AM »
I don't think Olde English has great prices on reloading stuff but they have the goods. I do not remember seeing any containers larger than 1 pound.
Gander Mtn, Cabelas, and Bass Pro are the very last places I spend money. Then again I ame in 10 or more different shops a month.

I am wanting to stop at TNT in Findlay as I have yet to go there. I have been to the Sportsman's Den in Shelby, did I hear there is another Sportsmans Den in Lima?

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 03:06:31 PM »
Stimpy,
   I`ve shopped Old English for abt. 40 years. They carry a fair supply of the more commonly use use reloading compomiants. They have a nice selection of firearms too. As for prices,,, they are far from the cheapest around. I have got some real buys on some of their sales, but every day prices are on the high side. Do go though, it will be worth the trip to see what they have. After the first trip it up to you if you want to go back.

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 10:51:26 AM »
Just an up-date , Fuzzy and myself stopped in on our way to the P-dog shoot , the service was great and the prices were on par with most of the shops in this area , bullets were about a buck more per 100 but powder was anywere from 2 to 5 bucks cheaper than 2 of my local shops .

Will I stop back in there ? sure now that I know how to get to the place .  ;) Thats if i'm going by it , can't see making a special trip unless its for something that the local boys can't get for me .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline Hairtrigger

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 12:58:36 PM »
I am happy to hear you have had a positive experience there like most of us that have been there

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 02:57:20 PM »
yea, I shop ther every once in a while. I know can get stuff cheaper other places, but when you need something fast they usually have it, and every once in a great while I find a real bargin there. That and they have a great selection of guns so there is alway something to look at.