Author Topic: P95 and powerball ammo  (Read 446 times)

Offline Terry1

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
P95 and powerball ammo
« on: May 18, 2008, 11:59:30 PM »
What can you guys tell me about the P95 and its reliability? Also, does anyone have any experience with the Corbon powerball ammo? I was thinking about trying some through my P95. Thanks.

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: P95 and powerball ammo
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:56:19 AM »
Terry,
If you own a P95 with any round count thru it, you know about the reliability. You'll have to try the Power Ball to be 100% sure it will run in your specific pistol. No reason it shouldn't feed anything with the bullet's rounded profile.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Terry1

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 10:01:44 AM »
Sorry, I just got the gun and i have not had the chance to shoot it yet. I was going to try the powerball ammo because i figured it would be the most reliable self defense round.

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 12:55:57 PM »
Terry,
If you are new to the P95, let me say that you have a rugged, reliable pistol that feeds anything, in my experience. Bought one for my wife when they first came out. She later decided it was too big for her. I used it for an IDPA loaner gun for many years, during which time it digested thousands of rounds, mostly my lead 124 gr reloads without a single malfunction to my knowledge. I have to confess I didn't clean it as well and as often as I should have, mainly because it just kept on running. Gave it to my son a couple years ago and he has put a wheelbarrow load of ammo thru it, mostly Wolf steel case. He hasn't had any problems with it either. I know he put a couple of boxes of Cor Bon and Gold Dots thru it without problem. If your P95 is anything like mine, and others I have seen, it will most likely shoot anything you care to put thru it. Power Ball should be a piece of cake! Good shooting!!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,