Author Topic: New (to me) .410  (Read 475 times)

Offline JamesIII

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
New (to me) .410
« on: May 13, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »
Purchased an old ( NJ ) SB1 .410 Saturday. Was not real excited about it, just figured it was another old shotgun. Cleaned it up last night (the finish is pretty ragged but the fit is great) and then took it out back to try it out. Wow, was I surprised at how much fun this little gun is to shoot. The recoil was near zero with 3" Remington's with 4 shot and the gun patterned quite well at 25 yrds. The down side was it only took about 20 minutes to shoot up $13.50 worth of ammo. I hate to say it but my old Sears bolt action .410 is going to have to hit the road to make room for this gun. I had been looking for a good carry gun when taking the dog out for a run and this will fit the bill quite well. I just love it when another NEF suprises the heck out of me! JamesIII

Offline swissfan

• Trade Count: (17)
Re: New (to me) .410
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 04:41:41 AM »
I'm looking for a NEF 410 for my wife and kids and am hoping to find a used one at a good price.  The 12g I have is a little too much for them and I think the 410 would be perfect. 

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: New (to me) .410
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 07:48:50 AM »
If you like that .410 with 3" shells do yourself a favor and try some 2 1/2" .410's out of it. The patterns should even up quite a bit with no holes blown out in them. At least that has been the experience of many, if not most (all?) of the .410 H&R shooters I have heard about....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley