Author Topic: Burris handgun scopes  (Read 539 times)

Offline zacharoo

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
Burris handgun scopes
« on: May 10, 2008, 04:03:16 PM »
I was given as a gift a 2x Burris handgun scope. Was bought at cabellas. What is the opinion of an owner or a user of one of these? I will put it on a 45 blackhawk. Will it hold up with about a 1100fps with a 255 gr. bullet? It is a 7 1/2 barrel.
Zacharoo

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Burris handgun scopes
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 08:56:18 AM »
I have heard alot of good reports on them, but my personal experience with Burris scope has been poor to say the least. I have owned 5 of them and 4 of the 5 had serious problems. You have it try it. Mine were all variables. I bought the first 2 and got the last 3 in trades for guns. If your scope fails send it to Burris  and they will fix or replace it, then sell or trade it on a Leupold.

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 09:34:20 AM »
I have several Burris scopes on my single shot handguns. I have had great luck with them.

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 03:40:26 PM »
  I have a burris handgun scope on my 12ga slug gun and have shot a couple hundred slugs with it and it's held up very good! The scope is made in USA, lifetime warrenty, and has alot bigger FOV than a Leupold!
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline zacharoo

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 03:45:26 PM »
Thanks for your views guys I will try it and hope for the best! Zacharoo