Author Topic: Bear Mauling Victium  (Read 432 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Bear Mauling Victium
« on: May 13, 2008, 07:35:33 AM »
Went to the gym yesterday to work out.  Johnny McCoy, a local pastor here in North Pole, was there working out as well.  I see him quite often there, working out.  Yesterday he came into the steam room while I was in there, we left at the same time and for the first time I saw all the scares left from his bear mauling about five or six years age.  It was a grizzly and it tore him up really bad.  While I knew about the mauling, I never realized the extent of the damage till yesterday. 

Gary Corly (a friend of mine) and his pastor Johny McCoy were hunting Moose over in the Tanana Flats.  As they were hiking one of the trails a Grizzly jumped out of the brush and attacked.   The bear had originally went after Gary Corley.  McCoy shot it to keep it from getting Gary, then the bear turned on McCoy.  The bear managed to get onto McCoy before Gary could shoot and kill it.  I've hiked that same trail a few times myself.

Living here does get exciting sometimes.     
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Re: Bear Mauling Victium
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 11:20:17 AM »
You guys need to stay on your toes up there. We had a Big Grizzly come into our camp when we were Caribou hunting in the Brooks Range. Luckily we did not have an encounter with him. We seen him coming and we backed out of camp and watched him from 200 yards away.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA