Author Topic: small game rifles ?  (Read 1386 times)

Offline ratgunner

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
small game rifles ?
« on: May 10, 2008, 07:35:36 AM »
Does anyone make a .32-.36 cal inline ?Can barrels be bought and changed for lets say an Omega ?
"Non Gratum Anus Rodentum"

Offline ratgunner

• A Real Regular
Re: small game rifles ?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 11:19:55 AM »
Hmmm.guess not.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 12:39:51 PM »
Does anyone make a .32-.36 cal inline ?Can barrels be bought and changed for lets say an Omega ?

Green Mountain makes one on the Knight Disc Extreme Platform. It is a .32 with 209 FPJ ignition.

Kinda pricey, especially if you want one with the 1-50 serial #, $799.95. Serial # 51-250 is $499.95. I have heard they can be had for much less if you can find the right dealer.

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/catalog.aspx?catid=GreenMountainFeaturedItems

http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/fieldtests5.html
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline ratgunner

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 12:07:35 PM »
Thanks,they sure are pricey.

Offline longcaribiner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 06:18:09 AM »
I have a very accurate little 32 cal in-line.  It looks like a standard single shot bolt action 22 rimfire, but in front of the bolt is a nipple for a No 11 perc cap, instead of a chamber.  When the bolt is closed the ignition area is enclosed.  The barrel is marked Marathon Arms, Connecticut.     It also says "Made in Spain."

I bought it in 1986 or 1987, at a gun show in Richmond VA, brand spanking new for $35.00.  The reciever is even grooved for a 22 scope.  I have placed 5 shots in a one inch square off hand at 25 yds with the open sights it came with. 

I have tried to find the company again with no luck.  It is a very handy little gun.  The only draw back is the lack of place for the ram rod.       In my closet full of winter projects, I have an old single shot 22 rimfire bolt gun, that I thought I would try to convert to a muzzle loader.   I even have a 38 caliber smooth bore barrel I was going to use on it.  Figured I could shoot ball or shot.

Offline chickenlittle

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 07:34:42 AM »
TC offered something called the System 1 had interchangeable barrels. A .32 was an option along with .50, .54, .58, and 12ga barrels. Kittery Trading Post had one, NIB, for sale on their website for a long time for about $300. You might find a .32 System 1 on Gunbroker or buy another System 1 and look for a .32 barrel. Kittery has several .50 and .58 cal system 1 for sale at $150 to $225. (www.ktpguns.com)

I have a .41 cal White Rifle that I've only shot a few times. Eventually I will work up a round ball load for that rifle. It is really meant for long heavy conicals.

Most .32 and .36 cal rilfles are not inlines.
  • Traditions offers a .32 caplock called the Crockett.
  • Pedersoli makes .32 and .36 cal flintlock and caplock guns. Some of these are offered by Cabelas.
  • TC made some .32 and .36 sidelocks a long time ago.
  • There is a company here in PA, RMC Sports, that sells flintlocks with removable breech plugs. They offer these in .50 and .32 cal. At $625, they are expensive but probably reasonable considering the quality of the barrel, lock, and laminate stock. http://rmcsports.com/rmcsports_cfmfiles/product.cfm?section=1857

Offline ratgunner

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 12:51:28 PM »
Thanks,I do have a .32 longrifle by Pedersoli.I was just wondering about the inlines.

Offline chickenlittle

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 06:09:04 AM »
If you really want a .32 cal in-line, look for a T/C System 1. These are almost always listed for sale on gunbroker, auction arms, gunsamerica, ktpguns, etc. but usually in .50 cal. The .32 guns and barrels pop up from time to time. The barrels are interchangeable so you can buy a .32 barrel and then get a gun in another caliber. I'd probably get one in .58 or 12ga just so I had a couple interesting things to play with. From what I've seen listed, these might have either a #11 cap or musket cap breech plug. For a .32 cal, you probably would prefer the #11 to the hotter musket cap.