Author Topic: TARUS 94 ?  (Read 605 times)

Offline Country Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
TARUS 94 ?
« on: May 23, 2008, 08:26:16 AM »
 Is this a decent .22 ? I mean accurate and reliable. I was looking at a new 94ss5. Can"t use my semi any more. I just can"t operate it due to hand and coronation problems. So I thought a RELVOLVER WOULD BE EASIER.

Offline SharonAnne

Re: TARUS 94 ?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 08:44:08 AM »
"coronation"  YOUR MAJESTY!!   couldn't resist. of course it is a typo for coordination. sorry about your difficulties. got a few of my own. If I may ask, what is the cause of your troubles?
SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Country Boy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 06:07:12 AM »
Don"t mind at all. In Sep. 207 I had a massive heart attack Doc said it was the worstt he seen in 40 yrs. I died 6 times on the table and anything that could go wrong did. No one expected me to live, it was a miracle. Spent 31 days in the hospital. Around April 1st I was feeling good enough to go Turkey hunting. So I went to check on a place April 9, then a semi pushed me off the road into a telephone pole.My head went through the window. I got a very bad concussion ,broken nose (with a paper clip pushed down the top of my nose length wise ? broken cheek bone, lost 2 teeth and worst of all two crushed verterbate in my lower back. I haven been pain free since April 9. About all I can do is lay flat on my back and sit up for an hour. I'm 65 and my hunting days might be over but I hope not
     Now tell me about the Tarus. Thanks

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 08:13:08 AM »
CB, I know about spinal fractures. I have 6 fused vertabrae. Mine started March 26/07.  Sorry, cannot help you with the Taurus. I know nothing of their .22s
SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chappy

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 11:11:18 AM »
In 1999, I crushed a vertabra and was in "turtle shell" for a year - so I feel for you.
I had a Taurus 94 SS4 for a couple years.  It was a great gun.  I just traded it for something else I wanted more.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 12:24:34 PM »
I've owned a couple of those Taurus guns like yours a .22LR and the .22 Magnum version of it as well which has a slightly different model number. I was disappointed in the accuracy of both but they both functioned OK just didn't seem very accurate.

Of course your accuracy standards and mine might vary. I expected minute of squirrel head accuracy at 25-30 yards and neither delivered it. I went to a S&W 17 and 48 instead and got the accuracy I expected. If you're happy hitting soda cans at 15 yards most of the time then they should do that. If you expect to kill squirrels at 25-30 yards with it you're gonna be real disappointed in the gun.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Country Boy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 04:01:07 PM »
Greybeard. I like your quote. I believe Jesus saved me during my heart attack this past Sept. I died 6 times and was brought back. Doctors gave up on me said I had 2-3 minutes left. Now here I am typing on your site.
  Sure sorry hearing about the accuracy of the 94 I ordered one today ! I had a tarus .357 mag once and killed a coyote and a bear with it. It shot fine but was hard on the ears without muffs.

Offline Savage

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 02:46:28 AM »
I have owned a Taurus 94 for a number of years. I've only shot paper with it one time when I first got it to sight it in. Don't remember exactly what kind of groups it shot, so guess it wasn't exceptionally bad or good. I keep it around the house for a snake gun. Loaded with CCI shot caps and Aguila Super Colibri for quiet pest control. Still has a low round count, but looks and works great.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 05:50:15 AM »
Country Boy.......
I have a Model 94, .22LR with 4" barrel.   This little gun I have used weekly for the past 17 years.   I have shot thousands of rounds through it without a hitch.  I had a leading problem about 10 years ago that affected accuracy until I gave it a good cleaning.  My friends at camp were  so impressed with this little 9 shot that four of them also purchased the Model 94.   Of the four, three were excellent shooters.   The fourth, took his back because it would not shoot any kind of group.   We all used the same kind of ammo with similar results except for this one lemon.  Nowadays it shoots more accurately than when I first got it.   I am comfortable taking squirrel shots at 15-20 yds.   This one is on my hip every outing ....3 rounds of snake shot and 6 rounds of Thunderbolts.   

I don't know how Taurus quality is now.  These 94's were purchased 15 + years ago.......Good luck with yours and let us know how it shoots.
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)