Author Topic: shotgun barrel wedge  (Read 924 times)

Offline markmark

• Trade Count: (0)
shotgun barrel wedge
« on: April 30, 2008, 04:48:27 AM »
Where can i find a barrel wedge for a cva double barrel shotgun, brittany model?

Thanks

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: shotgun barrel wedge
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 05:16:22 AM »
Contact CVA, 770-449-4687. Track has a good selection of em, they might have one that would work or could be modified to work.

Tim

http://trackofthewolf.com/(S(nwltrgbywkgqcr45tdd1irbh))/categories/partList.aspx?catID=14&subID=160&styleID=717
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: shotgun barrel wedge
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 05:14:28 AM »
Barrel keys are one of those things we generally don't think much about but should pay some attention to. I just heard of a horrible accident from last season. It seems a fellow was bird hunting with a 12 gauge side by side muzzleloader which had a loose barrel key.  He didn't have the ramrod under the barrel but used a length of 5/8" dowel thrust through his belt. He was carrying the gun over his shoulder, triggers upward as many of us do. The barrels fell off, came down with one cap striking a rock and he took the full charge in the butt. Lest any one laugh at the idea of a fellow shooting himself in the butt let me assure you it wasn't funny, he died a slow and agonizing death. Do make sure that barrel key is tight!
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.