Author Topic: FEG Walther clones?  (Read 482 times)

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
FEG Walther clones?
« on: June 06, 2008, 08:38:54 AM »
Seems to be a few of these hitting the market right now.  I've seen the PA-63's shotting 9mm Mak for as low as $110, and I've seen the .32 ACP models for as low as $90.  Any opinions on these?  I can't say that I really need yet ANOTHER handgun, but I just have a weakness and like to try out new stuff (and at these prices, trying new stuff isn't too expensive :)).

I also saw that there are some Walther P5's coming in now, but for closer to $375 each.  Now those do look interesting, but it might be another month or two before I could get the cash stuck aside for one of those :).

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: FEG Walther clones?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 07:17:48 AM »
I am a Makarov fan and own several military models as well as the Polish P-64, and now the PA-63.  The PA-63 is an excellent shooter, it should be an excellent CCW weapon when loaded with Hornady 95 gr JHP.  Keep in mind, the PA-63 has an alloy frame, so I don't recommend firing a lot of these through the gun, but to defuse a SHTF situation it is OK.  For practice and playtime stick with the various brands of import mil surp ammo. 

Offline navylawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: FEG Walther clones?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 03:36:37 PM »
I had an FEG .380 once (danged if I remember the model number) and it shot great. It did have one little quirk that was quite dangerous though. It had a hammer decocker that didn't always drop the hammer without firing a shot. After almost shooting myself in the foot once I never used it again. I sold it to my uncle (who had bought it for me in the first place because I wasn't old enough at the time) and I told him about it when I sold it to him. Well we were out shooting one day and he didn't finish off the magazine and decided to use the decocker to drop the hammer and boom. He almost shot a nice little .35 caliber hole through the stock of his sks.

Navylawdog