Author Topic: where to make my contribution against west pa. NON- united Methodist  (Read 320 times)

Offline tradegun

• Trade Count: (0)
The Western PA United Methodist Conference has a resolution that is being voted on as this is being typed to be "empowered to form a fully-diverse taskforce to work in coordination with other groups vigorously and continually towards enactment of the aforesaid One-Handgun-a-Month legislation until such time as it is signed into law" I guess THEY feel that some how they are "HOLY'ER" than us gun loving MORONS who ALL buy multiple handguns EVERYDAY just to sell to drug dealers, gangbangers, or other trash for the sole purpose if getting beer money. I thought THEIR responsibly was to further the teachings of GOD, JESUS CHRIST, and promote the HOLY SPIRIT. Not insult and undermine the intelligence of OUR FOUNDING FATHERS and ALL VETERANS that died to protect OUR BILL OF RIGHTS (ALL OF THEM). It does seem to me that maybe the "COMMUNISTS" could POSSIBLY have a LITTLE bit of the LORD's work to be because according to a late "SERMON" church attendance is at an all time LOW. THEY feel the reason is because WE are too busy putting handguns in the wrong hands to attend and IF THEY promote one handgun purchase a month that the trash of ALL the world will just simply COME to GOD because there will be no more firearms to illegally purchase and THEY will have saved all of mankind. They DO NOT realize that I have worked all my adult life to promote RESPONIBLE gun ownership and BELIEVE with all my soul that everyone is responsible for their own actions. I have never and probably never will purchase more than one firearm in a month, but I have the RIGHT to LEGALLY purchase and own as MANY firearms as I can be RESPONSIBLE for thanks to the wisdom of founding fathers and dedication of all veterans.

I have now regrettably done a faithful and financially supportive member of this COMMUNIST organization for quite sometime not knowing (which is totally my fault, don't put money into some organization without researching first) that they were taking money I tithed to GOD to do HIS work on Sunday only on Monday to have this these Bible thumpers put MY tithe to work against me. Not any more however I will no longer contribute one cent to these or any other "RELIGIOUS" organization without documented  proof that MY tithe to God will be used AS intended.

Now the QUESTION since I have contributed to the WRONG organization for far too long were do I contribute now to attempt to rectify my ERROR I am a NRA member, member of several local sportsman's clubs, past NRA certified rifle, pistol instructor, past 4-H airgun leader locally. My wife was at one time also an active shooter, but no more and she is NOT willing to leave the "COMMUNIST" so I have decided whatever money she tithes on Sunday I will match and contribute elsewhere on Monday. I need only serious suggestions

MY belief in GOD, JESUS CHRIST and the HOLY SPIRIT is just as strong now as before WE are ALL sinners and need HIS forgiveness.
He is NOT responsible for the actions of this group, they are the ones using HIS name in VAIN to accomplish THEIR mission and will have to answer for that sin. I also need some suggestion for a new church (one that understands God's work and not their own) and will lead me in my journey and allow me to confess my many sinners and ask for forgives. Again serious suggestions only please

Tradegun

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
Re: where to make my contribution against west pa. NON- united Methodist
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 08:07:38 AM »
Tradegun
I have been a member of several denominations because we moved a lot in my job. We also lived in small towns for the most part, so we had to try whatever was available. While there are liberal churches out there, more every day it seems like, there are lots of good conservative ones too. I have never heard anything anti-gun in any of these churches. I was raised Methodist and a long time ago they weren't so bad, but I couldn't sit in that church now anymore than I could sit in Obama's. May I suggest you try a conservative Baptist. Of all the churches we have attended, I have been the happiest and grown the most in all 4 conservative Baptist churches we have been privaliged to be members of. In all 4 of these churches, the congregation was different than other churches. There were frendly and dedicated men who shared the same interests I had. I was almost immediately a part of their community. We hunted and fished togather, and also labored togather for the church, but unlike most other churches there were few slackers, we were all togather.

Whatever you do trader, don't give up on the church, find something to be a part of, it is important.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: where to make my contribution against west pa. NON- united Methodist
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 05:55:10 PM »
  Tradegun;

Coming from another man who spent his youth in "mainline" churches..Bilmac gave you some GOOD advice..

When i realized (at 18) that the mainline church I was attending was  actually preaching the  Social Gospel rather than the real Gospel,
  I voted with my feet ..and left
  At 38 yrs of age, it dawned upon me that I needed God's presence in my life. Tried an independent, fundamental Baptist Church and discovered
  what I had been missing right along.
     I am 71 now and could count the Sunday services I missed with the fingers of one hand. Even though I was trained with a Baptist Seminary,
  the local church I attend is non-denominational..but still Baptist in doctrine..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)