Author Topic: Clearidge, Optic Zone, and ....  (Read 532 times)

Offline Sitting Duck

• Trade Count: (0)
Clearidge, Optic Zone, and ....
« on: June 13, 2008, 04:56:36 PM »
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
(Banned site)

Can someone enlighten me as to why GBO members were heaping praise on the Cleariidge scopes and then everything seemed to die off.  Was there a problem with the scopes?  A problem with Optic Zone?  Or is this just the nature of sponsorships?

I know Clearidge is still in business and would like to know why you don't see any for sale used or for sale in main-line distribution.  All of the reviews, that I read, seemed to be positive.

What is the banned site below the Optic Zones name?

I was searching for current sponsors and ran across some posts from '03, I think, and am curious.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Clearidge, Optic Zone, and ....
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 05:34:46 PM »
The site isn't banned but the owner of the site is banned from posting here because he was unable to follow the rules.

I do not wish to get into the details of why but he felt it necessary to be dishonest in his comments to me about why he wished to drop his banner on the Optics Discussion forum. Just simply saying he no longer wished to sponsor it was all that was needed. Instead he claimed he had gotten ZERO as in none hits to his site from it in the previous year when our records clearly showed he had gotten close to 100 in the previous month alone. Why he chose that route I have no clue and really do not care. He probably sold as much or more product thru advertisements on this site as thru any other venue of advertising but he got mad at me personally over the Google ads that offered scopes for sale. Basically he told me to dump Google or he'd leave. He didn't say it in those exact words but made it clear that was the intent. Since the total income from him in a year was less than from Google in a month his threat was ignored. He dropped out as a sponsor of this site.

Had he let it lay at that he would have been allowed to continue to post should he have wished but he couldn't let it lay and began attacking me and was banned from using this site.

Whether you wish to do business with him or not is your decision to make. I can tell you this that he would never again be allowed to sponsor this site no matter what and I will never again personally do business with him. That is my personal decision and I am not in any way trying to influence what you or others do.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!