Author Topic: Disappointed with Aimpoint...  (Read 598 times)

Offline Skillet

• Trade Count: (1)
Disappointed with Aimpoint...
« on: June 13, 2008, 06:38:40 AM »
I have an older Aimpoint 1000 that has rendered good service for many years, mounted on a S&W 624 in .44 Spl.

During a recent range session, the front lense fractured.

I e-mailed Aimpoint, using the contact address on their website, appraising them of the Model and problem but received no response, ever...

I took a chance and shipped it to their repair facility. They returned it with the statement that they didn't work on these any more... would've been nice if they'd simply responded to e-mails and saved me the shipping and waiting.

Can you imagine if someone like Leupold tried to pull this manner of crap? "Sorry, we don't fix them anymore, nor do we respond to e-mail queries concerning them!"

Needless to say, the replacement sight which I bought was made by another manufacturer. I will not use their overpriced products again.

Skillet

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Disappointed with Aimpoint...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 11:41:16 AM »
I guess they don`t understand that when they make a coustomer mad to day that they are likely to post it on the internet and alot of other potential coustomers are likely to read that post.  ::) I wander if they think these post are just free advertisement.