Author Topic: Galesi - Italy Automatic Pistol  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Original Ken

• Trade Count: (0)
Galesi - Italy Automatic Pistol
« on: July 18, 2003, 05:16:18 AM »
A friend of mine brought a small 25 cal auto pistol to me that he has had in a lock box for a number of years.  The gun appears to be functional and everything works on it.  The information on the box and in the instructions inside indicate that it is a Galesi-Italy Cal. 25 pistol.  The papers indicate it to be Societa' Italiana F.LCI Galisi A.R.I.
Anyone ever hear of this type of auto loader.  A friend of his grandfathers gave it to him and he was wondering whether or not it was worth much of anything.  It also has pearl grips on it.  It is smaller than a Kel-Tec P11 and would make a nice "toss it in your trousers pocket" gun.  Any help anyone can share on this one would be appreciated.  Thanks folks.

:D
This Be The Original Ken
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Shooters: We have lost an old friend, and I am saddened by his passing. Ken Stufft, who we knew as The Original Ken, passed away unexpectedly on March 22, 2004.

Offline pinduck

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 05:37:03 AM »
Its been a long time , but I remember the Galesi were imported and sold by some Company in Chicago. I got some parts from them once but it must be some 30 or 35 years ago and I can't recall the name. You should find some info in old Gun Digest books. Sorry can't be of more help, if I find something will post back
NRA Life Member 1969

Offline pinduck

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 07:07:44 AM »
Further on the Galesi. In J.B.Woods' book Firearms Assembley/Disassembly, Part 1: Automatic Pistols Revised Edition on page 223 he has a writeup on the Galesi 25." Neat little firearm, stopped importation by the 1968 gun law. There were two makers , but the one made by Rino Galesi was not up to the high quality of the Armi Galesi which was made in Brescia, Italy." Can not find anything on value, however if in excellent condition I would guess somewhere between 100.00 to $200.00. I have seen one at least that was completely engraved, gold plated and with pearl grips,but has been quite some time ago.
Glen
NRA Life Member 1969

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Galesi 25 auto
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 08:15:35 AM »
Hay Original Ken:  Howdy Buddy.  Tain't hoid from yiz in a while.  Hope all is well wif ya.

I had one of those years ago, when ammo was almost cheap enough to go skipping cans with in centerfire.  Neat little pocket gun.  Cost less than $50 at the time.  Always worked.  Just kept on ticking.  Didn't know who made it except the Italians and back then it didn't really matter.  I can't recall exactly how they come apart but they were one of the pre-68 GCA pieces that were small enough to stuff anywhere.  As for the 25 acp - it's better than nothing.  I have a little Beretta in 25 and I pack it along once in a while - I'm liable not to hunt bunnies with it but if I have to use it I know how to use a 25.  

S&B makes new and inexpensive ammo for it.  Forget softnose or hollowpoints, just go for ball ammo, get half a dozen boxes of the stuff and see how she shoots at close range, say 7 feet or less.  Hang an old hankerchief over the pistol and fire off a round - you might be surprised what the muzzle blast will do, any that is another defensive tactic to consider.  See ya.  Mikey.

Offline Charlie Detroit

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 04:10:33 AM »
Yeah...BW recommends "contact shooting" in a defensive situation with small-caliber guns. That big ol' fart of hot gas has just gotta be real uncomfortable.
I ain't paranoid but every so often, I spin around real quick.--just in case
Sometimes I have a gun in my hand when I spin around.--just in case
I ain't paranoid, but sometimes I shoot when I spin around.--just in case

Offline Original Ken

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 08:40:22 AM »
Hey guys thanks for the info on the Galesi .25 cal pistol.  I should have know that my buddy Mikey would have had one of these at some point in time.  Honestly, I am thinking of asking the fellow who brought it to me to sell it to me so that I can put it with my other collectibles.  I think that Mikey probably has either a 105 or a 155 Howitzer stashed someplace in upstate NY!!!!!  Mikey, is there any piece that you don't presently own or have owned???  I need to go see Mikey just to see his collection.  Thank for the headsup on the S&B ammo in .25 cal.  I have never fooled around with that caliber and I don't think that I would want to get into reloading those rounds.  I already have too many smashed fingers doing the 9 mm routine!!!!  Again, guys thanks for all the info.

:-D
This Be The Original Ken
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Shooters: We have lost an old friend, and I am saddened by his passing. Ken Stufft, who we knew as The Original Ken, passed away unexpectedly on March 22, 2004.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Galesi 25 auto
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2003, 08:58:55 AM »
Yo Ken:  Yes, there are a whole buncha guns I have not owned.  Go right ahead and name one and I'll tellya.  And no My Friend, I don't have a 105 or a 155 hidden away in Upastate NY, it's a 175 Long Tom (gotcha!).

Ken, if you've squashed your fingers reloading 9mms, go buy some of the S&B 25s - you'll run out of bandaids before you can load up a box.  Hasta Buddy.  Mikey.