Author Topic: The Terminator and Handguns  (Read 897 times)

Offline ShootnStr8

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
The Terminator and Handguns
« on: August 11, 2003, 05:47:38 AM »
While I have to confess that I find the idea of sporting a "Terminator for Governor" t-shirt entertaining, I am concerned about Schwarzenegger's reported liberal views on gun control (not to mention abortion and the environment).  

Just how liberal are his views on gun control and what impact would his winning the election have on CA handgun owners?

Blessings!

ShootnStr8
There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus.
--Blaise Pascal

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Ar-nuld
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 08:36:37 AM »
ShootnStr8:  this guy is as liberal as all the others.  He and most of the other hollywood types may use guns in their films to gain fame but he is an anti.  He is also basically brainless.

While there may be some interest in a gubernatorial candidate without serious political experience, meaning that he wouldn't 'owe' anyone (as in political party patronage), but he doesn't have a clue about economics, job creation, healthcare, welfare or anything else an elected official needs to be aware of to keep a government functionally and fiscally operational or solvent.  Most all the almost 200 applicants for the job are a waste of a vote.  He is not a Ronald Reagan - Reagan had a lot of political experience before he even ran for governor.

This time the media has it right - The Circus is in Town and he is one of the biggest clowns in the parade.  Let's not forget who his wife is and how much of an influence she is on his political 'common sense'.  

Davis may be a fiscal failure but Ar-nuld is an idjit.  He would be as big a waste of a vote as would Gary Coleman or the 'clevage in pink'.  I do not yet know which Kalifornikan would be the most experienced candidate or who would be best for the sportsman, but Ar-nuld, Australian Mel and most of the others actors think gun control equals crime control and that hollywood represents most of the US.  

Here's what you have to consider:  he's an actor.  He acts.  He pretends.  He pretends at life.  He pretends at things most people actually do and that imparts a fairy tale spin to his perception of life.  His biggest problem in the morning is getting into the makeup chair on time, not getting to the office to handle serious business.  Actors actually think they are normal, which is part of the fallacy of their perception of life.  And then they wonder why nobody listens to them outside the theater.  Kalifornika needs someone who can think logically, not emotionally.  Geez, even I would be a better candidate.  

Have I said enough?  Mikey.

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 09:29:11 AM »
Let the Californians get what they deserve. I was really surprised that Davis was re-elected after reading of all the dissatisfaction with him during his previous term.  

Jesse Ventura was a laughing stock with the liberal press here in Minnesota because his qualifications were governorship were somewhat lower than those of Schwarzenegger's, but he turned out to be the best Minnesota governor we've had during the 14 years I've been here, except perhaps the new governor Pawlenty, who is doing a very fine job so far. Ventura's predecessors were political hacks that couldn't think out of the box.  Ventura looked at possibilities and made them real.  And he did it by hiring good advisors.  The same can happen in California.  

On paper Davis is probably the most qualified person to be governor in California, but apparently there's such a thing as being a paper tiger, because the reality just doesn't work as one would have expected it to.
Safety first

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 04:57:42 PM »
Don't be so quick to judge him on this issue folks. I've never yet seen any anti comments from him and he is supposed to be pro gun in spite of his ties to folks who for sure are anti. While I'm not saying he'd make a good candidate for any political office I do not think he is anti gun as you are assuming him to be. Not all actors are against guns. Just most of them.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline KN

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 05:44:01 PM »
He professes to be a republican but I have never heard his views on anything.  KN

Offline ShootnStr8

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 03:18:40 AM »
KN,

I don't know that much about him either, but yesterday's USA Today stated:

"Building his own base of Democrats, GOP moderates and younger, first-time voters is crucial for Schwarzenegger. He can't count on the conservative core of California's Republican Party. Simon and McClintock will remind conservatives of Schwarzenegger's liberal views on abortion rights, gun control and environmental regulation."  

It will be interesting to see how Arnold addresses these issues.

Blessings!

Shootnstr8
There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus.
--Blaise Pascal

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Ar-nuld
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2003, 04:09:22 AM »
Graybeard:  I'll go with you and the Questor on this one.  I've only read a little bit about his personal and social views but my impression is that they lean far too much to the left for my tastes.  In addition, if he has to build a base of demicraps, moderates and first-time young voters it sounds like the blind may be leading the blind.  

Questor is right - the Kalifornikans deserve what they get.  Unfortunately, they also get a lot of media coverage and that spreads liberal views like flies spread disease.  Although Kalifornika deserves what it may get, there's no excuse for tracking what they step in into your house.  

Ventura, on the other hand, learned to think unconventionally when he was in the service.  Seal training does that, it's a take-off on the unconventional warfare we started with special forces.  That can be a real benefit when dealing with a fixed concept of how things should be (either one party's platform or another) run.  Unconventional thinking is something that has to be learned, then tried and put into successful effort.  Ventura went the distance and learned how to do that.  That is what made him dangerous to the entrenched politicians and the ingrained thought/public policies of the major parties in that state and successful in his efforts to attain office.  

Ar-nuld doesn't have that sort of a background.  Whereas Ventura could think outside the box, Ar-nuld doesn't have a box to think in.  He free-associates as we say in psycho-babble and his notions of how people and a government should act and what they should do is not based on the solid reality of a tried and truely successful effort.  What is his example - more PRK.  That should say something.

Ya know, water runs downhill and schmidt floats, so that's going to run downhill too.  Unfortunately for most solid citizens the media hype fostering this type of political flowering doesn't care where the fertilizer comes from and since they see hollywood as being 'on high' (probably a continual high at that), you can guess where it's all gonna run down to.

If the PRK elects a liberal like arnie, when they already have an anti-gun attitude and state senator like feinstein, think of the momentum all that liberal gush will create on the other side of the continent in places where frau klinton, herr schumer and the alkie toxic ted hang out.  This could get worser and worser and worser.  I think it is time some rational soul put their foot down in PRK, just as long as they don't put it into the piles of schmidt left by the liberal wags that inhabit the place.  Dang Guys, I think it's time for another revolution.  Just my 2 cents worth.  Mikey.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2003, 07:35:08 AM »
He can't count on the conservative core of California's Republican Party.
 :eek:

Conservative core?  :eek:  In Kalifornia?  :roll:  Ya mean both of them have to be won over by him?  :-D

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ShootnStr8

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2003, 10:00:17 AM »
GB,

I hear ya.  I would like to think the term "liberal Republican" would be generally undestood to be a oxymoron.  However, we Pennsylvanians do have contend with Senator Spector (R) who can speak democrapese with the best (worst) of them.

Blessings!

ShootnStr8
--Blaise Pascal

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2003, 11:36:14 AM »
mikey-yer killing me!! :)    right on.    arnold is ok when your talking movies or bodybuilding.   he claims to be conservative, but on issues important to us here he is on the liberal side, period.   dont be sucked in by the hype,   he is no friend to the shooting community.