Author Topic: Happy Fathers Day  (Read 521 times)

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Happy Fathers Day
« on: June 13, 2008, 07:07:43 PM »
I still have my dad around and I thank God for everyday that I do!! He started taking me hunting at 4yrs old when I was small enough to fall through the train trestle tracks we had to cross to get to where we were going. I still remember being rushed off that 3 eyed trestle when a train came one time. A true gun nut in his own right, I shot my first six gun (S&W .41mag) at 5yrs old and have been fond of them ever since. Because of his influence I bought my first Marlin at 8yrs old with a paper route job I had (a Golden 39A Mountie). Him having an FFL and so many gun nut friends I have purchased many a good deal of guns at great buys....so many good memories of hunting and fishing with him and my brothers...I cherish them all.
He passed his name to me as I did to my first son..... (SGB SR, SGB II, SGB III) TRES HOMBRES 4-Ever
I love you dad!!!

Happy Fathers Day to you and all dads!!!
"I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt!"

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Happy Fathers Day
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 03:38:52 AM »
I too was fortunate to have a father that was also a real Dad. Started hunting riding on his shoulders, 1st 410 at 5 years old, started reloading in the 6th grade. After over 30 years I still miss him. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline holahead

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 02:16:39 PM »
I would like to say Happy Fathers Day to my step-dad.My real father run out on my mom and I when I was 2 years old.  My mom married my step-dad when I was six. He knew nothing about hunting or fishing but he tried because I wanted to. When all my friends in school started talking about hunting I wanted to try it . He had never went hunting and knew nothing about it but he  went to a pawn shop and bought three good old used guns. A single shot 22 short a single shot 20ga for me and a old 12ga pump for him. We hunted alot and took quiet a few small game but never got a deer but he tried. He would plant food plots set up blinds and try to find where the big buck might come by. He took my to a small creek when I was six and I caught my first fish. He was always there to help guide me in the right direction. I thank him for all he has done for me over the years. Happy Fathers Dad ;)

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 02:42:33 PM »
My dad grew up hunting and fishing but by the time I came along he had no taste for it anymore. He was a proffessional musician and on the road a lot until he gave it up when I was 8 years old. He still wasn't around much so the only fishing I got to do was when we went on our yearly family vacation. I went hunting for the fitst time when I was 19 or so. I hated it, rained every day. I went again a few years later and have been going every year since. I love my time in the woods.

He is still around but not doing too well. Emphysima, and won't quit smoking, he's on oxygen and has started himself on fire at least three times that I know of.

Though I still love my dad I remember how it felt when he wasn't there for school plays or whatever so I try my best to be at everything my kids do. My son is 13 now and I've signed us both up for a hunters' safety course so I can take him to Wisconsin for the first time deer hunting. I want him to be able to tell his kids how he used to spend time in the woods with dad.

Happy fathers' day everyone.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 03:39:29 AM »
My Dad will turn 82 this year and get's around pretty good on the whole. He is riding a bike close to a mile daily to the Post office & back which definately is not hurting anything.
He really likes the Internet and e-mail but mainly spends his time in the virtual newspaper and collector sites from coins to old furniture.
The wife and I have been especially happy for him this year because of the Chicago Cubs doing so well.

Offline Odinbreaker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 03:22:48 PM »
My Dad has been by my side every day of my life for 58 years he is 88 now still active grow his own 3/4 acre garden help me cut wood.   He hs been a guide a advisor and a disciplinarian when necessary.  But mostly a friend I could always trust for good advice and consul.. I guess you call that love.  Well may I be able to wish him happy Fathers Day next year.   JUST A VERY PROUD SON
Working hard to go Broke!

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 12:11:13 PM »
I love you dad you left to soon :'(

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 04:40:45 PM »
I would give anything to be able to talk to my dad again.  :'( Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 07:14:45 PM »
My Dad is still active at 79 but he has Alzheimer's and some days he is not so good.  Can't let him go out alone anymore, he got lost last year walking to my brothers house three blocks away.  He quite driving on his own about five years ago.  He lives in Tennessee, I live in Alaska.  We don't get to see much of each other, but I call him every Saturday morning.  And sometimes through the week.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.