Author Topic: How to best conceal a Ruger P95?  (Read 2414 times)

Offline elkstalkr

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Avid Poster
How to best conceal a Ruger P95?
« on: June 06, 2008, 10:50:33 AM »
I am getting my conceal carry in a couple of weeks and would like to carry my ruger p95 9mm.  Does anyone have any advice here? 

I like to tuck in my shirts, and obviously don't wanna wear a jacket during the summer.

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How to best conceal a Ruger P95?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 05:37:09 AM »
There are some holsters that allow you to tuck your shirt in over the weapon, however if drawing the shirt that tight to tuck it in will allow the handgun to print, when I started carrying legally I had to make a slight change to my wordrobe and it included some of the multi-print pattern with the square bottoms, I have never looked back I carry everything from a 1911 to a Walter ppk.  HTH   JIM

Offline Savage

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 04:11:05 PM »
Good luck carrying a P95 without a cover garment. I can't really offer any insight into how anyone could carry such a bulky pistol without one. Unless----------------you MIGHT be able to conceal one using a belly band worn high up under the pectorals with an oversized shirt bloused a bit.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 07:36:32 AM »
A very high quality Inside the Waist Band holster. Next and equally important is a very high quality double layer Gun Belt. Milt Sparks VMII in a leather holster or a CTAC kydex holster are good starting places, The Beltman makes a good starting place to find a belt. Put about $225 aside for your carry gear, it ain't cheap but you saved a few bucks on a Ruger vs. a HK.  You'll likely have to modify your dress somewhat, although many IWB holsters have "clips" that make them tuckable. Blousing a one size to large shirt or maybe buying tall sized will help as well. Even if you print through shirt it isn't likely that anyone will be looking at you anyway, questioned let them know it is a" Medical Device "  and don't discuss it any further.  You'll still want a good holster and belt, but a smaller handgun is something you may consider.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline jeep08ham

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 08:25:33 PM »
I carried a P95 in one of the nra tee shirts with the under the arm pockets.  I wear a loose fitting shirt over it most of the time. There are times I just wear the tee shirt and a light jacket with it unzipped.  No print and it has worked well.  Very comfortable in cooler weather but when it gets hot, it does get a bit warm but not unbearable.