Author Topic: Shipping antique cannons/replicas via UPS (no legal advice included)...  (Read 480 times)

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
 If shipping via UPS, you may need to take certain items to a UPS hub, not a UPS 'store.' UPS stores are independantly owned and operated. The management has liberty to decide what they will or will not ship, regardless of some UPS rules ('rules', not 'laws'). I know for a fact that a UPS store in my area will not even ship a BB gun.

You can also have UPS pick up an item that does not violate their rules from your home or business.

Hope this helps any who have been denied shipment of an item at a UPS store.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
We ship all of our ordnance merchandise via Fedex ground service.  They do not care too much about what is in the package since it NEVER will be shipped by air.

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
You can ship..., I shipped 800 pounds of Herns to the Philippines .., Yea it costed more than the cannons themselves. Clean and No BP residue is always good when shipping., especially overseas., A cannon thats already been fired may be a little harder for me to explain. Size and weight..., I am glad they are already there ..., will I ever do that again., NO I have purposely stayed a certain dimension since then. they were worth it once., but I am glad that bill is OVER !

Do you have to tell them .., its a cannon? I havent and I wont., I dont want to have to explain it., or have it come up missing.., people steal them you know.  I tell them these are a display piece and in some instances I have told them this is a set for a display at a resort. Thats enough they dont need to know anymore..., its not like its going to go off?  At least mine arent. depending on how heavy the package ., precautions must be take..., so as to not "Let the cat out of the bag"., the Herns were shipped in a 2x2 framed and 3/4 inch plywood crates., then steel banded,  so they wouldnt beat themselves out of the boxes. then the plywood was camoflauged with cardboard and duct tape to "Look Like a box".  ;D  You shoulda seen them tring to left them HAHAHHA takes 3 big americans and a prayer., 6 filipinos ! course they carried them from a truck through some jungle to Mamas house where they are now waiting for me to finish carriages........, retiremet will be fun ! I am excited   ;D ;D ;D

Offline gulfcoastblackpowder

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
I've shipped a blackpowder 3 barrelled rifle via UPS.  I brought it in prepackaged, insured it as a collectable firearm, and it arrived at it's destination without issue.  I don't know about any of their policies, but they didn't say anything to me about it.  I've also been the recipient of a number of blackpowder guns shipped via UPS, FedEx, and Priority Mail.

Tropico - I think you shipped those Herns to the wrong address.  I live at... ;D