Author Topic: Tactical Leg Holster  (Read 791 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
Tactical Leg Holster
« on: January 29, 2009, 04:35:14 AM »
let me make this clear. have you used a Tactical Leg Holster when hunting? i use a leapers Leg Holster for my air gun for hunting and the rig also has  a big knife right behind the holster. I like the leapers because it can hold any size gun from colt single action to a small airgun. what i like about it is that it keep the gun low were i like it and  i just wish it could hold a scoped Pistol.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
Re: Tactical Leg Holster
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 05:50:15 AM »
I don't normally hunt with a UZI, MP5, or large autopistol with light-laser combo. Come-on man, you must be getting bored!!! ::)

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 10:48:51 AM »
it can hold any size hand gun and i was saiding it can also hold those guns or a gun with a light on it. i use the leapers with my daisy 1200 airPistol. It can hold a 6'' or less six gun with no scopes on it to.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 02:44:08 PM »
I'd love to see a picture of you sporting this holster of yours.  I'm having a hard time understanding how you use it and it would make more sense if you just posted a pic of you (and the peace sign) and the holster.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 09:34:25 AM »
i used it when i don't like to carry the gun on the belt and a lot of belt holster pull down my pants when i run(i am verytell and thin, so my pants even with a belt are barley on there). the holster has adjustable velcro so you can get a  custom fit for your gun.

Offline dakotashooter2

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 08:45:12 AM »
That would mean mine would spend 1/2 its time under the snow.    NOPE
Just another worthless opinion!!

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 11:56:20 AM »
yeah, Leg Holster don't do much to protect you gun.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 08:09:35 AM »
I have hunted with a desert eagle 44mag.  I bought the drop leg holster for it because it's a heavy & bulky gun and it was easier to carry it that way.  It wasn't a tactical looking holster, just a drop leg holster.  I thought it was pretty handy and convenient.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 11:32:05 AM »
the leapers Leg Holster come in black, OD Green, Woodland Digital and Army Digital. I got the Army Digital cause i like the color. it's a very weird holster cause it hold all kinds of guns, i have a airsoft shotgun that about the same size as a saw off shotgun and guess what? it fits in there.the leapers look like most leg holster like the BlackHawk Tactical Omega VI Ultra Universal Modular Light Holster. what makes it  tactical to me is that it can hold all kinds of gun, it's color, and it has a mag pouch on it, i like it but if i was going to war with a leg holster i would choose the Safariland or a Kydex because there hard holster and there better retention of the gun,greater stability and comfort , and some come with the SERPA auto lock system that locks the pistol immediately upon re-holstering. But i like this holster and it look cool on my leg. ;D

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 02:28:01 PM »
Just today I saw a dangerous mouse under my bird feeder.  It was eating scrap seeds that the birds dropped.  My dog chased it under the house.  Thinking of putting a tree stand above the feeder so I can sneak up on the mouse.  What size knife should I use for a backup?

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 10:52:19 AM »
Just today I saw a dangerous mouse under my bird feeder.  It was eating scrap seeds that the birds dropped.  My dog chased it under the house.  Thinking of putting a tree stand above the feeder so I can sneak up on the mouse.  What size knife should I use for a backup?

;D ;D i just leave some food out and sit a chair about 20-30 feet from the food(mice have bad eye sight so if you don't move they can't see you). I have killed a few that way but there no real fun in it. i killed a few with the  Daisy Buck Repeater Model 105 bb rifle and i used kill a lot with the Marksman 2000k air handgun(it rode in my pocket with no holster). You know it funny cause i love to kill rats and mice but i have 2 pet female rats that i love like my kids. :-\

teddy12b you said you hunted with a desert eagle 44mag? what were you hunting and were?

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 10:58:16 AM »
I took it deer hunting in Michigan several times, but not as a primary hunting gun.  I always carried a rifle and the plan was that I'd use the rifle for long shots and hopefully use the handgun if a deer got close enough.  Never fired a shot at game with that desert eagle, but the leg holster not only made hauling the heavy weight eaiser, it also kept things legal since you have to keep a handgun out in the open when hunting. 

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 11:06:13 AM »
ok, i see. here in FL you could hunt hogs with that gun. I just started useing a holster for hunting, before i just carry it in my hand or used a sling.