Author Topic: Rev. Jackson has stepped in it.  (Read 1159 times)

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
Rev. Jackson has stepped in it.
« on: July 10, 2008, 03:42:37 AM »
What if some one with lighter skin had said what he did.
Wait and see, "He was set up he didn't know the mike was hot."
According to Rev. Sharpton " he has done so much good for the black community this should
not be held against him". ::) :o
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rev. Jackson has stepped in it.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 03:54:16 AM »
More power to Jesse and his ilk.  It amazes me that hypocrites like him are still given any credibility at all.  Give these guys an inch and they'll take a mile every time.  If it weren't so pathetic, it would be hilarious
Swingem

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 04:32:41 AM »
That was a setup everything in politics is planned.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 04:42:23 AM »
If a white news commentator had said it Jesse and Al. would have been howling
for their skin. IMHO jesse is the worst thing to happen to black people in a long time.
Rex

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 04:51:53 AM »
Rex;

...But most of them still don't know it ! If they truly want a good "Reverand' to look up to,
   they should try Rev. Jesse Peterson.the nemisis of the "poverty pimps"..

www.bondinfo.org/home.php
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 12:04:05 PM »
Would someone care to share what it is he said?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 12:31:40 PM »
That was a setup everything in politics is planned.

I agree, this was totally set up.  It distances Obama from the "radical" blacks like Jesse Jackson--thus appeasing the fears of those "typical white folks".
 Obamas got the black vote sewn up, this will just help add a few more white votes, because, you know "He's not really that black and he's not militant about it or anything" 
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »
GB;
  He was angered by O..er..Obama's new found middle-of-the-roadism and said to a guy beside him (from one of the hospital plans..
  ..Best I remember it was  ..  " He's taiking down to black folks....faith based stuff..I'd cut his n_ts off!"
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 12:34:39 PM »
he made a comment to the effect of "i'd like to cut his *walnuts* off"

-Matt

looks like i typed too slow... ;D
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 12:37:07 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would someone care to share what it is he said? He said he wanted to cut off his balls because he was talking down to blacks in Churches.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 12:37:39 PM »

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 03:14:45 PM »
  Thanks, Trib...Class guy huh ?

He is bent out of shape simply because if half or more of American voters are willing to elect Obama pres (ouch!)
  that puts the lie to the old, worn out notion of "racist nation" ..and kills the hobby-horse those poverty pimps have
   been riding on ! They may have to say bye-bye to the gravy train..if their willing stooges are smart enough to put 2+2  together.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 06:20:29 PM »
Trust me I am no Obama supporter but I really don't think he has talked down to the black people. Although I will go along with Jessie to cut them off because I would see it as good entrainment. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 09:39:52 PM »
We ALL know that racial hatred is wrong.
We also KNOW that it is NOT onesided.
We know this---why do you act so shocked?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 02:45:00 AM »
It's the liberal left, getting ready to eat it's young. Everybody with that mind set, or set of values, is much more vicious than the conservative right. We only want to punish somebody if they did something wrong. Not ''cut of their kahounies'', if they have a different view point.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 03:21:54 AM »
Jesse Jackson apparantly does not want Obama, or anyone else, telling black people the obvious - that they need to be responsible parents and to raise their children to be productive and successful in life.  If that were to happen, he and many others (Al Sharpton, etc.) would lose their power.  Imagine the revolution that would occur in American society if that were to happen!  The same thing happened when Bill Cosby criticized the black community.

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 03:24:46 AM »
Maybe Jesse is on to something.   ;D
As far as talking down to black folks. 
I think BHO does talk down to people in general though.  A couple of days ago he said it is embarassing europeans come over here and speak our language, but when go over there, all we know how to say is merci boque.   :-[
Then he tells American parents we should be teaching our children spanish.
I really don't think I need this guy lecturing me how to raise my young 'uns.   >:(
One runs track at a major university, and has close to a 4.0 gpa.  Another is attending the same college, doing very well, and another, still in high school, plays tennis, lifeguards during the summer, and excells academically.  :)
" we are screwed "

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 04:36:24 AM »
Somebody ought to tip Hussein to the fact that when we send that welfare money to Europe they need to speak English so they can say "send some more, this ain't enough".  We might ought to try that when we send the welfare checks to the "hood".  You have to pass a drug test and be able to speak REAL english to get the check.

Let's see, America is embarassing to Hussein, and Michelle has never been proud of America until her light, bright, damn-near-white husband was nominated for President.  I'd suggest they find another neighborhood.

Offline magooch

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 08:26:15 AM »
On second thought, I have to agree with Billy and Jesse.  And if cutting Osama's nuts off would cause his voice to rise a few octives, maybe his main asset--his big mouth--would be diminished and the threat of him becoming truly a horifying nightmare for us would end. 

GO JESSE! If you need a knife, I'll send you one.  Cut em off right below his chin.  Make it look like Hillary did it and maybe we'll be rid of both of em.
Swingem

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 08:30:20 AM »
I hadn't heard about JJ's concerns about the English language before.  Just another case of his double standards.  I wonder if he was on the Ebonics kick of a few years ago.  That was where everybody else was supposed to pay for black high school kids to be taught in a pseudo-language that the rest of us couldn't understand.  We don't need to learn to speak Spanish, we need to teach the street kids to speak English so they would have at least half of a chance to make something out of themselves when they grow up.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 08:35:10 AM »
It seems that other than FOX no other news channel has had anything to say about this,
and that is probably because of  the O'Reily show. It is amazing what a little color can do
for the news.
Rex

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »
The unfortunate part of this, is that BHO does talk down to blacks as if he was one of them from the ghetto or whatever.  If the black community really put this guy under a microscope, they'd find out that by raising taxes, they'll get poorer and won't get the benefits anyway.  It will be the contractors for universal health care without the care or ethics.  It will be the highway contractors and other businessmen with government contracts who will reap the tax increase.  I'm not against government contractors, just stating a truth.  The blacks are being exploited in this election by BHO.  I didn't think Jesse had the brains to percieve this attitude.  I still have doubts as he is still campaigning for BHO.  Now isn't that a hoot?  Wants to cut BHO's "n****" off for exploiting the blacks and then endorses him.  Go figure. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline bluebayou

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 06:08:40 PM »
Hmmm, Jesse mad because a black man (other than himself) could get elected as President.....hmmm

My take is that he is mad because Obama is looking pretty close to the Presidency.  If elected then Jesse Jackson can't say that white America is keeping down the BLACK MAN, they are just keeping Jesse Jackson down.  Sour grapes, diffusion of responsibility, etc.

Poor Jesse never became President. 

Being in my thirties MLK's assassination was before my time......but is Jesse famous because he was basically just standing there next to him at the Lorraine Motel? 

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 12:59:28 AM »
Very good statements Deltec.
" we are screwed "

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 09:19:16 AM »
 ;hah hah
 I recall Arnold telling a Mexican audience to turn of the Spanish lingo TV and learn English.  That didn't over all that well either.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 05:24:30 PM »
  Jesse whines and threatens surgery when BHO "talks down" to blacks..
   Yet when BHO says that we hunters, rural folks and "rednecks" cling to our guns and Bibles, where was Jesse ?
   Especially being a "Rev", he should have went apoplectic when BHO disparaged the Bible..where was he ?