Author Topic: Astronaut claims alien cover-up by NASA  (Read 1073 times)

Offline zombiewolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Astronaut claims alien cover-up by NASA
« on: July 28, 2008, 01:13:05 PM »

July 25) - Former NASA astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell told a British radio host this week that governments have been covering up contact with aliens for more than six decades, The Daily Telegraph reported.
The 77-year-old veteran of the Apollo 14 mission said, "I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we’ve been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real."
UFO and Alien Sightings
Astronaut Edgar D. Mitchell AP

Former NASA astronaut Edgar D. Mitchell, claims that Earth has been visited by aliens and that governments have covered up contact with aliens for more than 60 years.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so," he said, "but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it."
Mitchell claimed the infamous 1947 incident in Roswell, N.M., where several people saw an alien spacecraft crash, did in fact happen. The military has said the so-called spacecraft was actually a weather balloon.
NASA quickly downplayed Mitchell’s comments. "Dr. Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue," a statement from the space agency read. "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe."

Wadda ya think? :-\

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: Astronaut claims alien cover-up by NASA
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 01:42:56 PM »
You would have to be crazy to think we are the only living beings in the universe. If space goes on forever there must be some other life out there somewhere. I am pretty sure they have been here studying us as well. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline GatCat

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 11:34:25 PM »
Well, I think he is either "loosing it", mentally, or else he is being self-serving ( he has some sort of postion on a UFO Research outfit, $$$).
It's like bigfoot, some believe, some don't. Still no "proof", however.
Once thing I find curious, folks who see "strange lights", and assume they are Alien spacecraft,  why would advanced beings need "running lights" when they have already travelled millions of miles through space, avoiding "stuff", yet needing needing them for some reason when in the view of us humans??
This is not meant to put-down those who do believe.
Mark

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 04:46:22 AM »
It's one thing to believe that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe and another to believe that intelligent life would travel the millions, or billions of miles to our little planet, just to play hide and seek. 

Our level of intelligence might be very feeble in comparison to other beings that would be capable of space travel, but I ain't buying the idea that they would be content to remain anonymous and secretly study us.

What possible motive would our government, or any other have in keeping the presence of aliens, secret, and how could it be kept secret for so long?  Our government can't even keep vital national security issues secret for long.
Swingem

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 05:09:02 AM »
I'm confident practically certain in fact that there is life out there somewhere other than just here on earth. To think otherwise to me would be foolish. Perhaps there is even intelligent life out there something I'm less certain of about here on earth.  :(

Now whether any of that other life out there has ever come here visiting I'm a bit less sure about. I suppose it possible just dunno. I do not believe the stories of those who claim to have been abducted by aliens tho.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 08:05:39 AM »
If Aliens have been watching us for several years, especially our politics, no wonder they
don't want to make contact. ;D :o
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 09:10:15 AM »
Well; you guys can believe what you want about UFO's.   In Vietnam, I was in the thick of air traffic observations, working with air to ground support.   We kept an official USAF ledger of our Fighter Pilots who were confronted with aircraft they couldn't identify.   I was there in '68', and this ledger was continuing from 1965, and believe me, it was full.   These reports were from USMarine and USAF F4 Fighter Pilots.   By the way, in school they are taught to identify any aircraft in this known world from a distance no larger than a fly.

Pilots were not allowed to fire upon said UFO's.   Pilots rotated every so many months, so it wasn't just some wierd experience with just a few men.   These men were the top of the crop, the best the world could put up in the skies, and they were seeing something they weren't allow to discuss.
A typical report { under mandatory specific official guidelines } "UFO with revolving red and green lights, does not respond to radio contact.  " 

Some pilots stated the UFO's would pull out ahead of them, and flat outrun them then turn a sharp 90 degrees and were gone.
But other than that, they couldn't tell us much over the radio, lest they would be removed from flight status.    Most generally, only one UFO would be seen on a mission.    The only noticeable increase would be when our boys on the ground were in a terrific battle, and the sky was full of air support, then more UFO's would be seen.

That's just what I witnessed during my duty in VietNam.   I asked my CO's what they thought, and they wouldn't give me an answer, other than showing me a pictorial book of all the aircraft this world had.   I just had to convince myself that God has everything under control and I shouldn't worry about it.
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 10:02:36 AM »
If Aliens have been watching us for several years, especially our politics, no wonder they
don't want to make contact. ;D :o
I really doubt that an intelligent lifeform would want to make contact with a life form who's major preoccupation is killing each other over things like religion,skin color, or a line on a map
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 03:07:56 PM »
I believe!  I am convinced that my first wife was was an alien from another planet.......she looked good, was fun at first, but was meaner than hell and spaced out most of the time. 

Offline zombiewolf

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 03:36:39 PM »
Well; you guys can believe what you want about UFO's.   In Vietnam, I was in the thick of air traffic observations, working with air to ground support.   We kept an official USAF ledger of our Fighter Pilots who were confronted with aircraft they couldn't identify.   I was there in '68', and this ledger was continuing from 1965, and believe me, it was full.   These reports were from USMarine and USAF F4 Fighter Pilots.   By the way, in school they are taught to identify any aircraft in this known world from a distance no larger than a fly.

Pilots were not allowed to fire upon said UFO's.   Pilots rotated every so many months, so it wasn't just some wierd experience with just a few men.   These men were the top of the crop, the best the world could put up in the skies, and they were seeing something they weren't allow to discuss.
A typical report { under mandatory specific official guidelines } "UFO with revolving red and green lights, does not respond to radio contact.  " 

Some pilots stated the UFO's would pull out ahead of them, and flat outrun them then turn a sharp 90 degrees and were gone.
But other than that, they couldn't tell us much over the radio, lest they would be removed from flight status.    Most generally, only one UFO would be seen on a mission.    The only noticeable increase would be when our boys on the ground were in a terrific battle, and the sky was full of air support, then more UFO's would be seen.

That's just what I witnessed during my duty in VietNam.   I asked my CO's what they thought, and they wouldn't give me an answer, other than showing me a pictorial book of all the aircraft this world had.   I just had to convince myself that God has everything under control and I shouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for this post , Fourbee.
I have always thought that astronauts and fighter pilots had to be among the clearest individuals on earth. Astronauts in particular.
I'm gettin' to the age where I'm not buyin' this crap of, oooh he's an old man, what he is saying is crazy, he is senile.... anyone think just maybe he's not?

I just wish those damned space aliens would show themselves.(I say, as I spin the chamber on my wheelgun) ;)

Offline navylawdog

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 03:46:34 PM »
I believe!  I am convinced that my first wife was was an alien from another planet.......she looked good, was fun at first, but was meaner than hell and spaced out most of the time. 

Must have been my ex-wife's long lost sister. The only difference is my ex had problems with both of her legs.... >:(

Navylawdog

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 03:55:50 PM »
Once thing I find curious, folks who see "strange lights", and assume they are Alien spacecraft,  why would advanced beings need "running lights" when they have already travelled millions of miles through space, avoiding "stuff", yet needing needing them for some reason when in the view of us humans??

Don't bring logic into this... it will only ruin the fun!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 10:53:38 PM »
I don't believe in life forms other than planet earth.

I don't believe there are as many intelligent life forms on earth as are reported.
 ::) :P :D ;)
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline FourBee

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 01:13:25 AM »

williamlayton said "I don't believe in life forms other than planet earth.  "

williamlayton; Here's something that might be of interest.

Psalms 68:17  The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place.

Commentary:  Twenty thousand,  i.e. an innumerable company; a certain number being put for an uncertain, as #Ps 3:6 91:7, and in many other places.   

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 04:16:48 AM »
Well that intelligent life form, I would guess has accepted the fact that.
Man has been killing Man since the begining of time, No one has been able to stop it, or
maybe some one can but is not ready yet.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 04:33:52 AM »
First off, I personally don't believe there's any intelligent life "out there"  Not here to argue, but I just think I would have read it somewhere between Genesis and Revelation.
HOWEVER, this is very interesting and quite disturbing:

July 8, 1947

Many of you will recall that on July 8, 1947, almost exactly 60 years ago,
witnesses claim that an unidentified flying object (UFO) with five aliens aboard
crashed onto a sheep and cattle ranch just outside Roswell , New Mexico . This
is a well-known incident that many say has long been covered up by the U.S. Air
Force and other  federal Agencies and organizations. However, what you may NOT
know is that in the month of March 1948, nine months after that historic day, the following people were
born:

Albert A. Gore, Jr.
Hillary Rodham
John F. Kerry
William J. Clinton
Howard Dean
Nancy Pelosi
Dianne Feinstein
Charles E. Schumer
Barbara Boxer

See what happens when aliens breed with sheep?

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 05:13:33 AM »
 :o

Offline FourBee

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 05:29:46 AM »
TribReady is quoted:  " HOWEVER, this is very interesting and quite disturbing: "

Yes, it is quite disturbing.   Just put yourself in the position of a team of young men thrown into a war they don't understand, and coming face to face with a horror story in REAL LIFE as this.   It's  GUT WRENCHING to say the least.

I had to resort to the only help that really helped... The Holy Bible. Philippians 2: 12 ¶  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.