Author Topic: Man shoots lawn mower. Then goes to jail.  (Read 583 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Man shoots lawn mower. Then goes to jail.
« on: July 26, 2008, 07:35:20 AM »
This guy shot his lawn mower. Then was arrested. He did a couple wrong things that is why he is in jail. Dale                   http://news.aol.com/article/man-shoots-pesky-lawn-mower-cops-say/101493?icid=200100397x1206464510x1200330946
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline DalesCarpentry

Re: Man shoots lawn mower. Then goes to jail.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 07:39:42 AM »
This is pretty funny. This is what one guy had to say about it. Dale

lawn mower shootings are rapidly becoming a serious problem in this country . it starts off small...a little weed wacker abuse, a backhand to the edger, and before you know it you've busted out the shotgun on your mower. if we had stiffer penelties for lawn mower abusers maybe the numbers would go down. there is help out there people. admitting you have a lawn mower abuse problem is the first step.

The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline buffermop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 08:14:19 AM »
I can hear his alabi now " Briggs and Stratton set me up!" ;D

Offline toysoldier

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 06:22:07 PM »
He might have gotten away with it, but was foolish enough to use a short-barrelled shotgun. People with anger management issues shouldn't have ready access to weapons, especially illegal ones.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 07:00:31 PM »
He might have gotten away with it, but was foolish enough to use a short-barrelled shotgun. People with anger management issues shouldn't have ready access to weapons, especially illegal ones.

Access to an legal weapon would have definintely resulted in a opposite outcome?  The weapon didn't get P'O'd at the lawn mower.  Why is the inanimate object then at fault?  The lawn mower could have started, defaulty steering would have run over and scratched the immaculate stock, and the weapon, legal or not, would not have made any retaliation without human intervention.  I think this illegal weapon is taking the rap for the man.  Does anyone believe it was the short shotgun's fault?
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 01:56:03 AM »
Much too do about nothing.
Mountains and molehills.
Too much time on the hands of police.
When your up too your ass in alligators--you must remember that your there to drain the swamp.
IMO
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 03:09:03 AM »
If the guy would have used a legal weapon, not been drunk and lived outside the city limits. He could have shot that mower all he wanted and not gone to jail over it. As Forest Gump would say stupid is as stupid does. Dale

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 09:35:40 AM »
I showed that article to my chainsaw and told it "you could be next" It now starts on the second pull ::) ::)
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline ro

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 05:32:45 PM »
I have never shot a lawn mower, but about five years ago i killed a garden tiller, three rounds from my S&W mod 19, 357 mag. it was not nice, oil went every where, so i can see why the man shot the mower, but don't do it with a cut-off shotgun where you neighbors can call the law on you.