Author Topic: 3-D ARCHERY  (Read 1248 times)

Offline mattmillerrx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
3-D ARCHERY
« on: July 11, 2008, 08:45:09 PM »
Does any one know of or shoot 3-d archery?  I am looking for a few local shoots to go to, to get ready for dear season and maybe get back into the sport, I miss it.  Anything, with in 50 miles of OKC would be great.  Anything, in the Tri-City would be perfect as that is where I am currently calling home.

Offline tlyne

• Contributor
Re: 3-D ARCHERY
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 12:06:52 PM »
You need to try Oklahoma City Gun Club   "www.okcgunclub.org" . They have a shoot this weekend 13 July. You will not find a better gun club in the County then OK City Gun Club. I been a member for 35 years. I shot a little skeet just for fun and a allot of Contenders and Encores at the bench rest range. Take a look . If some time you want to look it over you can be my guess for a day.  Give me a call. 341 0758, Twyman Lyne
Twyman

Offline mattmillerrx

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 03:01:43 PM »
Is there shoot open to public or private club shoot only?

Offline tlyne

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »
There is both. The monthy shoots (once a month) are open  to public and the rest of the month is private club shoots. Go check them out on sunday the gate will be open. Call the head of each division to check it out about the times open to the public. The web site has the names and phone numbers of division heads. another source for Bow Hunters is a Club in Del City, contact point is Vernon Bode phone 733 4345.
Twyman

Offline mattmillerrx

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 10:45:44 PM »
thanks for the info.  I won't be able to shoot today but will check it out next month.  Do you shoot the 3-d or just a member of the club?  10 yrs ago I was at a shoot every weekend and would like to start shooting a match once or twice a month.  I currently shoot at Tri City Gun club, it is close to the house and is a nice club.  I may have to take you up on being your guest some time.  I shot at Silverleaf Shotgun Range last weekend, it is up in your neck of the woods,  We shot some sporting clays and had a great time.  It was one of the nicest kept ranges I have been on.  It was pricey thou but have never shot sporting clays so it may have been on par.  Anyway, I bring it up because as I was shooting it I kept having memories of the 3-d shoots I had shot and made me want to get back into it and made me want to start shooting sporting clays as well and I probably will go back.

Offline tlyne

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 01:24:30 AM »
I am not into ARCHERY. Let me know when you want to take a look.
Twyman