Author Topic: Uh Uh Uglee!  (Read 765 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Uh Uh Uglee!
« on: June 09, 2004, 04:08:34 AM »
Who buys those ugly gold plated commemorative guns that are advertised in the shooting magazines? I think they're all cheap looking and hideous. But they wouldn't make them if people didn't buy them. I know it's bad form to call another person's baby ugly, but in this case I'll make an exception.  

Is there something good about these guns that I am not seeing?
Safety first

Offline Dusty Miller

Uh Uh Uglee!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 09:17:09 PM »
I don't know if "ugly" is the way I see them but yeah, they are put out there to hook people who don't have good sense!
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Glanceblamm

Uh Uh Uglee!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 03:56:10 AM »
I really liked the "Franklin-Mint" 1860 army colt that came out a few years ago. Had the chance to buy one at a fair price but passed on it simply because I would have shot the thing. :eek:

Offline oso45-70

hunting and shooting general discussions
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 01:56:17 PM »
They have targeted the ( I got to have it,Credit card folks ) Anyone with a brain wouldent buy one of the worthless things, If you look at them real close the workmanship sucks, All that glitteres is not gold, Just my honest openion.........................Joe................................................................
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain

Offline michbob

• Avid Poster
Uh Uh Uglee!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 02:15:30 PM »
The gold-plated, "instant collectables" never really grow in value, apparently.  Just the opposite, typically.  Many times a "collectable" is worth less on the market then a good, original piece.

A real collectors item?  Guess what Colt Single Action Army Serial No. 0001 is worth?

Michbob