Author Topic: got a new LCP  (Read 1495 times)

Offline mattmillerrx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
got a new LCP
« on: June 18, 2008, 12:39:50 AM »
Plan to carry pocket most of the time.  However there are times that have to wear scrubs for work.  What do you think of the following product for use when wearing scrubs?  Do you think it will be secure?  I do not want to be adjusting at all to have to keep it from falling out.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=392511
Also, I currently carry cocked and locked on a CZ 75.  I am a little leery of carring a gun with no manual safety, any tips?
Oh, I don't have a pocket holster yet either, any recommendations?  Will be in dress pants to jeans.

I will not carry this gun for a while until it proves reliable but want to go ahead and get set up.

Offline sidekick

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: got a new LCP
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 02:07:29 AM »
I currently am using a Size 3 Blackhawk brand pocket holster for my LCP. I've had it for about 2 months now, and it's very comfortable and keeps the weapon from printing through my pants pocket. We'll see how it holds up over time, but for around $12, I can buy several for the price of something in leather.

Offline TGFOGAL

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 02:30:49 AM »
Here is another T-shirt that may be more secure, and holds large and small guns.
http://www.nrastore.com/nra/Product.aspx?productid=682b-w

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 11:03:58 AM »
I like the one shown on the nra web site better.  The issue is not going to be so much security since you are putting it under another shirt, but it will be sag with the weight of the gun on the shirt.  So the nra shirt gets my nod or one from Kramer that is made of the reinforced nylon with the holes in it.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline russianblood

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 06:09:51 AM »
Here is another T-shirt that may be more secure, and holds large and small guns.
http://www.nrastore.com/nra/Product.aspx?productid=682b-w

I used this shirt to carry my Glock 36 with no problems.  Of course I have a button shirt on over it.  I have no idea how you'd access your pistol thru a scrub top.  ???

Offline mattmillerrx

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 03:26:34 PM »
From what I can tell the NRA shirt is accessed from the front.  I don't think that would work.  The sportsman shirt is holstered under the arm and I could access it through the large neck of the shirt.  Definitely, this is not ideal.  I am considering an ankle holster but think it will print on the very thin scrub cloth.  Luckily my job has changed a little and I have not worn scrubs since posting this.  I may get the NRA shirt for button up shirts I think that would be great.

I did get a glaco pocket holster and a uncle mikes IWB # 10 and they both needed the gun to break them in but fit good after a short break in.  You barely even know the gun is there it is so light.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 01:03:35 AM »
Forget the T-shirt holsters altogether, period.  If you are wearing scrubs you will never be able to access that LCP, period.

Get yourself one of those belly -band holsters that velcro around your midsection like a girdle - small enough to be concealed easily under a scrub top, and more than capable of carrying that LCP and a couple of extra magazines.

The only other method of carry I would advise with scrubs, considering they utilize a 'tie-string' for a waist closure, is what has just come out for the Kal-Tec, which is a spring clip that attaches directly to the piece and allows inside the waist clip carry.

HTH.  Mikey.

Offline PA-Joe

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 02:40:00 AM »
A "Smartcarry" belt may also work!

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 01:19:01 PM »
I bought a leather pocket holster, and it does hide the contours of the gun really well, however, it's as heavy as the gun. Too much craftsmanship. I then bought a nylon Uncle Mikes and it works a lot better.

Forget the ankle holster. They're fine for TV and movie cops. It'll just drive you crazy as a road lizard.

If you have to go back to scrubs, I second the vote on the belly band. I used one with a Makarov and it was pretty good. Wear an T-shirt under it. It will hide the LCP well, and if someone sees it you can tell them it's a back support belt. Ya just woke up kinda stiff this morning.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline jeep08ham

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 08:17:59 PM »
The ankle holster is worthless when in a hurry!  Forget that one.

I have a couple of the NRA holster shirts that I use a lot and get no print. Quick to access. Have carried Ruger P95, Smith & Wesson 410 40 cal but my favorite is the XD9 Subcompact.  Works well with button shirts or light jacket.

The belly holster works best for scrubs or Tee shirts!

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 03:51:37 AM »
This is what I have and it works great

http://www.undercovercomfort.com/Holsters.html

Mine is white T-shirt with no pocket for a trauma plate.  The UnderCoverComfort (UCComfort) Conceal Carry Compression Shirt Holster System,  a unique innovative stealth like undercover concealment holster developed for those who carry concealed weapons under difficult circumstances.

Offline navylawdog

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 02:52:36 PM »
If you don't have to wear scrubs and you got the cell phone pouch this one could be effective.
http://www.wrbss.com/pretender.html

or this one looks good too because it has more support than a normal belly band holster.
http://www.gunblast.com/Kangaroo.htm

Navylawdog