Author Topic: 5 shot help  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Rogue Ram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: 5 shot help
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2007, 07:52:18 PM »
Hey Puma,

Yep I DO love Sp-101s! I have access to them at a very good price, too...but, all day long I have a Glock 27 glued to me. I'm after the lightweight 5 shot with shrouded hammer for even more concealment, something I can drop into my pocket and not even feel it.  I had a friend come by with an assortment of small revolvers, and the scandium Smith was REAL NICE. However, I have read about issues with them, and those critters are expensive! So, I think I'll hold out for the 638 or something similar.

Regards,

RR

Offline Rogue Ram

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 08:07:53 PM »
UPDATE: Went into the local major sporting goods store 2 weeks back, military and public safety sale time. Walked out with a Smith and Wesson 442 internal hammer .38 J frame, $386.00 out the door. I think that is what my FFL holder would have obtained one for with shipping tossed in.  Nice little gun for its intended purpose. Now to find a decent holster........

RR

Offline S & W 642

• Avid Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 03:44:46 AM »
I have the S & W 642 with the internal hammer. It conceals easy and I am looking at getting crimson trace grips for it.
Eph2:8-9

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2008, 12:23:31 PM »
UPDATE: Went into the local major sporting goods store 2 weeks back, military and public safety sale time. Walked out with a Smith and Wesson 442 internal hammer .38 J frame, $386.00 out the door. I think that is what my FFL holder would have obtained one for with shipping tossed in.  Nice little gun for its intended purpose. Now to find a decent holster........

RR

Well just durn. I remembered this thread today when I went in the gun shop and notice a 442 used I assume but marked UNFIRED and it looked new marked at $349. I came looking for this thread to see who it was wanting one and find you've already bought one. Oh well someone is gonna get a real bargain in that gun. I was tempted by it myself as I used to have a 442 that I should never have let go as it hit to POA better than any fixed sight gun I've ever owned and was a joy to carry.

Iffen anyone is interested I can give you the location for it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline kmystry

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2008, 11:47:28 AM »
In my opinion a S&W Airweight is the way to go.  Those Ultralite SC guns are too light for accurate shooting and "flinch" factor for me.  I've got a 637 which I love but have had a 638 I let go because I was uncomfortable with not being able to secure it in a holster because of the hump...otherwise I loved it.  I've owned a couple of Charter Off Duty's and I actually liked them too.  Smithy's are the way to go...the Cadillac of .38 snubs. :D