Author Topic: Anyone know this outfitter ?  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Country Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Anyone know this outfitter ?
« on: July 20, 2008, 07:56:33 AM »
Alexis Dejardins in Laurier, MB  I already sent a deposit for next Spring but I would like some other opinions. After I booked he called 6 months later  ???and asked for anotheer 200 due to the rising gas prices and the devaluation of the American dollar. Makes me wonder ? Send a pm or e mail me if you don"t want to post. Thanks

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Anyone know this outfitter ?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 10:25:58 AM »
I do not know of him but do have to wonder was there anything on his website or in his brochure addressing this issue? I thought most all had a policy that once you book and put down your deposit the price is locked in. Personally I'd not want to hunt with a guide or outfitter who did not have that policy. I'd ask for my deposit back. Most all have a policy on refund of deposits so long as you notify them a certain period of time in advance. This should certainly be far enough in advance if he does in fact refund deposits at all.

If he doesn't and is already trying to up the price to me he is not the kinda person I'd want to go on a hunt with but then it's not my money involved here.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Country Boy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 05:00:40 AM »
He did offer to give my deposit back if I didn"t want to come. This will probably be my last hunt to Canadia.

Offline upnorth

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 10:04:30 PM »
as a manitoban, I would suggest you back away from this guy... nothing personal with him, just seems like poor business practices.... If you want a really good bear hunt, I can make a recomendation for you... just let me know. :)
you wanna take my guns? go ahead, it's your arm!

Offline Country Boy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 05:24:36 AM »
Up north: Who would you recommend ? send me a pm or e-mail. I did get a very good report on the outfitter from a guy I know in Kansas Who hunted there with 5 others last Spring.

Offline upnorth

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 10:18:10 AM »
PM sent....
you wanna take my guns? go ahead, it's your arm!