Author Topic: You conservatives will never understand..  (Read 4546 times)

Offline Mike Britton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: You conservatives will never understand..
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2008, 08:56:18 AM »
 Gentlemen. Have you forgotten the fact that this is mostly a gun and hunting forum, and as such makes VERY CLEAR that because the dems embrace such names as Polosi, Shumer, Finestien ,etc. we as shooters and hunters have no choice?
Any political party that embraces any sort of gun control, or even registration, for that matter is a deal breaker.
Churchill said that "Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it". He couldn't have been more right. Study all the most infamous dictators in history. First two things they did was remove freedom of speech, and disarm the public.
We won't be able to fight M16s with pitchforks.
As long as the dems embrace gun control they may well be the most dangerous gang in the country.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA
Crabby conservative old fart

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2008, 10:55:41 AM »
Yup, and a lot of folks here in the U.S. are repeating so much history, it's scary.
" we are screwed "

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2008, 05:40:15 PM »
Gentlemen. Have you forgotten the fact that this is mostly a gun and hunting forum, and as such makes VERY CLEAR that because the dems embrace such names as Polosi, Shumer, Finestien ,etc. we as shooters and hunters have no choice?
Any political party that embraces any sort of gun control, or even registration, for that matter is a deal breaker.
Churchill said that "Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it". He couldn't have been more right. Study all the most infamous dictators in history. First two things they did was remove freedom of speech, and disarm the public.
We won't be able to fight M16s with pitchforks.
As long as the dems embrace gun control they may well be the most dangerous gang in the country.

I don't mean you Mike, when I say all this rhetoric is funny, but to put all this off on the Democrats is ridiculous. John McCain over a 25 year career has voted 73 % of the time AGAINST the 2nd Amendment. To think that he is going to save ANYONE is ludacris, and he being the liberal that he has PROVEN to be, it is equally ludicrous to think he will appoint conservative supreme court judges.
One of his MAJOR indicator was McCain-Feingold.
It is just amazing to me that Obama haters stagger thru these forum discussions blaming everything on the Democrats and ignore FACTS SUCH AS THESE.
I believe the two of them will WORK TOGETHER, "regardless" of which one wins, to further THEIR CAUSE, and further damage such Amendments as the 2nd, and 1st.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline magooch

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2008, 03:33:08 AM »
Okay, so who said McGore was the perfect candidate?  It's all relative.  Next to Osama, McGore is a farging peach and I'll vote for him over Obamanation anytime, anywhere, anyhow.  And I don't have to hold my nose to do it.  In the end, there's just cause to vote for McGore.  Just cause he ain't no friggin Osama.
Swingem

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2008, 05:31:56 AM »
Ok, I think Dee, and TM7 may "get it " better than some of us here.
I think part of the problem is the label we give ourselves when we refer to ourselves as Democrat or Republican. I think we should give that up and start thinking more in the lines of "liberal" or "conservative" or "moderate" For instance, there are some ideas and programs the dems have that I agree with, but gun control is a  deal breaker for me. Conversely, the Republicans have issues that bother me, but as a whole they seem to be pro gun so I tend to try to keep them in office.
I'm sure there are many dems that are pro gun, but their party is not, and therefore they must keep that to themselves. I have long hair, and a  peace symbol around my neck. That doesn't keep me from being pro gun. The political parties themselves are the problem in my mind.
What we need is an independent that is mainstream enough to convince the population it's OK to leave their respective party and vote their hearts instead of their party.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA
Crabby conservative old fart

Offline Dee

« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2008, 06:02:20 AM »
Mike I would agree, for the most part, and especially on your last statement. America as a whole "votes out of fear" of one candidate or the other. They are "lazy with a capital L" and never take the time to look at voting records, and therefore, simply dismiss third party candidates which many times are the best candidates.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline deltecs

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2008, 08:03:21 AM »
I agree that many third party candidates may be the better choice, but are unelectable.  This is not a vote out of fear, it is a wasted vote that ultimately places the opposition candidate in power.  Neither the best candidate nor second choice is in power then.  This is not fear voting, it is common sense voting that until a strong viable third party becomes strong enough to change politics, then we are going to have this separation in conservative voting. Liberals do not have this same conviction by conservatives.  They will vote for any liberal candidate which further pursues the liberal agenda even if they hate the candidate. That is the reason the Dems and liberals are in power and appear to be winning this election year, both in Congress and the Presidency.  Not that I agree with any of the Dems party platform.  Conservatives just do not have good electable candidates, either because they cannot negotiate with their peers, cannot lead or pursuade others, or do not have financial wherewithall to obtain a constituency.  None of these conditions warrant the job of President, if he or she cannot do those as these are the qualities needed to effectively do the job.  By this reasoning then, none of the strong conservative candidates do not deserve the job nor are they the best qualified, even though their conservative positions are most agreeable with mine. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.