Author Topic: one month 'till grouse season!  (Read 356 times)

Offline ScatterGunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
one month 'till grouse season!
« on: August 16, 2008, 02:28:42 PM »
hello all -

tomorrow afternoon i'll drag out the 410 handy and polish it up for this years grouse season. boy, i can't wait. a buddy of mine bought a shot making machine and he made me 25 pounds of #8 shot. the MEC already had a few workouts loading three boxes of 2 1/2" shells with 15 grains of H110 in winchester HS hulls.

i had the wife clean out the freezer, buy a box of zip-lock bags, and a few bags of dried beans.

this is going to be a great fall !!!

"SG"
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: one month 'till grouse season!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 04:55:45 AM »
I'm jealous, our season doesn't start until Oct. 1. I'm going to break out my 28 gauge with BC stocks for that.
My 6 year old son wants to go squirrel hunting which starts Sept. 1 so that will hold me over until then plus Bow season starts Sept. 15 for deer and wild turkey. I love the fall!
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 09:28:05 AM »
  >:( >:( we ain't got grouse anywhere close to here >:( >:( I'll have to shoot at dove and  squirrel ;D ;D
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 02:05:24 PM »
I'd like to try grouse one of these days but we don't have them here in any huntable numbers.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun