Author Topic: Looking for a home  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Looking for a home
« on: March 16, 2008, 03:17:51 AM »
I retire at the end of the month and will to return to Montana.  I need a place to live

I am looking for farmstead with some acreage--15 acres or so.  I need at least a 3 bedroom house with garage and shop for my gunsmithing. Property should have room to build a small mother in law cottage.  Must have water, septic and room to shoot a gun out the back door and cannons in the back yard...and not annoy the neighbors. Should have deer in or about the area to hunt.  Gophers or prairie dogs a must.  I prefer the area of eastern  Glacier Co. and Toole  County as first choice. Other areas of the state definitely considered if the property meets the criteria.

I have located listings on Craig List and various real estate sights, but what I would like to find is those For sale by Owner places ar only know by word of mouth. Anybody know of anything that might work for me? If so drop me an email or PM.

Offline GUNBIDDER 208

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Looking for a home
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 07:55:07 AM »
Check out this web site. http://hometroutcreek.homestead.com/index.html

You can see more photos by clicking on the top sections.  Over 4 million acres of National forest within a mile of the home. Abundant wildlife including deer, elk, moose, Bighorn sheep and turkey throughtout the area.  Fishing paradise especially noted for bass tournaments, pike and trout fishing.

Offline Cottonwood

• "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 12:48:45 PM »
Gunbidder 208 lives in some of the most beautiful area of NW Montana, as I have been thru there many times.

Offline Double D

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 03:56:42 PM »
We closed on a house here in Cut Bank this morning...Tomorrow is moving day.

Everybody meet me at the storage locker in Great Falls in the morning and we'll load the U-Haul up and head for Cut Bank...don't be late   ;D

Offline Cottonwood

• "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 05:17:47 PM »
We closed on a house here in Cut Bank this morning...Tomorrow is moving day.

Everybody meet me at the storage locker in Great Falls in the morning and we'll load the U-Haul up and head for Cut Bank...don't be late   ;D

Oh you must like the wind... LOL

Cut Bank still puts your close to hunting good areas.

Offline Double D

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 04:24:38 PM »
Cut Bank  is my hunting grounds.  Been back in the area since Mid April and fired just over 3500 rounds of 17 Mach at the gophers.  Wife fired just over 2000 rounds.  Toss in another 250 rounds of .223 for me and 50 rounds of K Hornet for her shot at gophers, rock chucks and a badger.  So yes there is some good hunting in the area.  In the off season come October November, we will go shoot deer.  ;D

The wind blows in Cut Bank....never noticed  ::) ::)